Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk latest

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We. reject 5 mill. How high can it go before it makes sense for the club to take it?

Compare it with a reported 7 or 8 mill for Ulloa... I suggest that Dunk's value to this club is nowhere in the same league
Would you take £6mill ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We. reject 5 mill. How high can it go before it makes sense for the club to take it?

Compare it with a reported 7 or 8 mill for Ulloa... I suggest that Dunk's value to this club is nowhere in the same league
Would you take £6mill ?

The bidding clubs don't care about the players' worth to us, and why would they?

Dunk is much younger than Leo, English and left footed. He's a very valuable player, with a BIG future, and a far greater potential sell-on value.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
The bidding clubs don't care about the players' worth to us, and why would they?

Dunk is much younger than Leo, English and left footed. He's a very valuable player, with a BIG future, and a far greater potential sell-on value.

THIS. He's a great prospect on paper - physically imposing, left footed, English, goal scorer - can see him going to a top four club after improving his concentration with a middling prem club for a year or two. And the market has changed significantly since we sold Leo, there is much more money around since the agreement of the new TV contract with Sky.

Why sell now when we don't need the money to buy a replacement? Wait until the last week of the window when clubs get desperate... i.e. Newcastle when they lose to Manure this weekend.

Fulham can jog on with their 5 million bid. If we sell, he is going for more than that. Virgil Van Dijik (spelling?) at Celtic seems to be going for around £12 million to Southampton from the SPL, a league of comparative class, with the Championship probably being the better league. Therefore I think Dunk could go for as much as £8 million. Young especially for a centre back, and English. We can certainly cash in here and be left with a strong squad and signigifcant funds to strengthen it further.

Re-invest that money and it could go a long way towards Marshall, Tex and another striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here