Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk abusing fans?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Probably frustration with himself as much as anything.

He'll know that he's been error prone recently.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Where does this verbal abuse crap come from? The whole Amex lambasted him for the second errors and then the East and other area's (north) had a few jeers when he managed a back pass. He shouldn't have reacted. Simple. I want you and others to know that in my opinion, a vast majority of fans did NOT have a go a Dunk and clapped him. It was an outburst and wrong. I think Dunk is a great defender but I don't care how good you are, if you have a go at our fans you are out of order and can 'fuc£ off'

Dunk is a good defender, not a great defender, with a long history of bad lapses of concentration and if he did abuse our fans for some ironic cheering after his latest cock-up then yes, he can "fuc£ right off".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, I bet he wished the pitch could have opened and swallowed him up after that howler. Anyone who's played the game will have had a mare like that at some point, just most of us never had 27000 watching !!

Which match are you talking about - Burnley, QPR or Ipswich?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Granted, a pretty horrendous sequence. Have the feeling if Greer and BFG weren't injured he'd be back on the bench

If Greer and Hunemeier were fit Dunk wouldn't even be on the bench.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Where does this verbal abuse crap come from? The whole Amex lambasted him for the second errors and then the East and other area's (north) had a few jeers when he managed a back pass. He shouldn't have reacted. Simple. I want you and others to know that in my opinion, a vast majority of fans did NOT have a go a Dunk and clapped him. It was an outburst and wrong. I think Dunk is a great defender but I don't care how good you are, if you have a go at our fans you are out of order and can 'fuc£ off'

The verbal abuse is from 'some people' like I said. All I am trying to say is that the players are not deaf. It's not like it takes 1000 people to say something abusive at the same time so it's not drowned out by the almighty atmosphere of the amex.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
He made two very bad mistakes, one of which cost us the match. He also made a tackle which should definitely have been a penalty. Not good enough for what we aspire to. At the moment, he is a liability given he cost us the match at QPR and also recently gave a penalty away at Burnley.

Yes he did make two mistakes.
He did make 2 fine blocks before hand though.

But to hang him for losing the match is wrong i think, we scored none tonight - at home, and that wasn't his fault.

Nov 27, 2009
Unfortunately he did use inappropriate language when responding to the crowd. I was a couple of rows back with my daughter and disabled son. He was provoked, by a group, but it was not the way to react, by any player of any club. It's the fourth time at the Amex, great facilities, a role model for others to follow, but with so many children around, he should know better.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes he did make two mistakes.

Three - the ball under the foot gift, the 45 yard backheel backpass and the nailed on pen that the ref missed.

more gaffes than an episode of It'll Be Alright On The Night ( which it wasn't)

Dunk's little altercation with our fans was on the halfway line in front of the East. Not quite family stand is it.

Personally I don't blame him having a go. Some fans need to know that if you want to dish it out to players, or anyone for that matter, then you should be prepared to take it as well.

Absolutely, my opinion of Dunk actually went up when I saw him putting the ironic cheerers in their place. There is a very weird political correctness in place that allows fans to dish out all kinds of rubbish at players but players mist never, ever react. On the contrary, jeering fans deserve everything they get back.

Dunk was having a sloppy, possibly nightmarish game. What I saw was a player showing confidence in himself and his own ability when he voiced that frustration. Once that was out of his system, he pretty much did not set a foot wrong for the rest of the match.

If Greer and Hunemeier were fit Dunk wouldn't even be on the bench.

Well, except a lot of woeful defending at set pieces of late has been when Greer and Hunemeier were on the pitch. Dunk remains our best aerial defender. He makes too many rash mistakes but they are correctable with hard work and greater concentration, Stockdale has cut that out and so can Dunk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Three - the ball under the foot gift, the 45 yard backheel backpass and the nailed on pen that the ref missed.

more gaffes than an episode of It'll Be Alright On The Night ( which it wasn't)

I guess someone's got to get the blame!

Forget the fact we didn't create bugger all chances.

Without that mistake we might have been able to get a point.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Without that mistake we might have been able to get a point.

Exactly with that team selection thats what CH was banking on hence no 442 to start. Sadly Dunk had other ideas.

Ipswich had a couple of pot shots and were well organised but frankly that had 0-0 all over it...were it not for Dunk and dont ****ing tell me its inexperience

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly with that team selection thats what CH was banking on hence no 442 to start. Sadly Dunk had other ideas.

Ipswich had a couple of pot shots and were well organised but frankly that had 0-0 all over it...were it not for Dunk and dont ****ing tell me its inexperience

The same Ipswich who have scored 12 goals in 5 games & won 5 away games on the bounce? Right oh.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dunk is clearly going through a poor run of form by his own high standards.

Let's not act like ***** and persecute one of our own though, eh. We're better than that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The same Ipswich who have scored 12 goals in 5 games & won 5 away games on the bounce? Right oh.

The same ipswich that won against teams at the BOTTOM yes. That wouldnt have scored really were it not for CH selection and Dunk. YES.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here