Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes v BHA - A roll call for the Dripping Pan...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Promotion to the Championship and fourth place? Yes, I'd call that achievement.
With a team built on a solid defense, no consistent and creditable pace & poor goal shy strikers, supplemented by even poorer loanees.

Thank god lessons have been learned and improvements have been implemented...

...oh wait.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If you pay the money then you attract the best players if you try and do everything on the CHEAP then expect the WORST

That's not strictly true. Players can also be attracted by the style and brand of football the manager promotes, and Eddie Howe's Bournemouth is a good example without spending the mega bucks of QPR. Our problem at the moment is we don't have a recognisable style or brand of football yet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They don't although I'm not sure not having enough players of the required quality is anything but a major worry. We are dragging our feet again having been told we were working on doing business early this year. Still the club have their 20 k season tickets so all's well.

Did you guys who are having a moan about today go to a different game to CH, he has expressed himself quite pleased except he would have liked a goal. :smile:

Must have done. Seriously, until the kids came on for the last 20, the desire was lacking, there was absolutely nothing in terms of fluid passing and the movement was lacking. I really believe Hughton deserves a run as manager, and the second string or not, a Brighton team (second string or not), needs to show a lot more.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I remember a couple of years ago we beat Chelsea 3-1 in a preseason friendly. They seemed to have quite a good season even though they lost to us. Preseason games mean nothing and are no indicator of the season ahead. We need to be patient and wait and see how they do against Forest. And even that game won't mean that much, the first month in the championship is always unpredictable - that said we were rubbish at the start of last season and nothing changed - but give a team a chance. I'm sure we'll get more signings yet anyway. Looking forward to the season

Think you'll find we made the play-off's and they didn't do as well as hoped sacking Di-Matteo, so I disagree, they can be a pointer for the season ahead.

Under Hyypia we were shocking vs Soton and it didn't improve!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
And I thought people said 4-4-2 was the cure to the problems and goals would flow

We're gonna get torn apart next season

We won't but won't score the goals required to make it an interesting season

Yet the excuses about how tough everything is will no doubt be trotted out again as we underachieve due to the club being unable to sell itself to ambitious players. We are spending more than ever whilst failing to attract quality players too apparently.

:jester:

Sidenote: All of The Viper's pre-season rants were very amusing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be fair Boro did tear us apart

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
:jester:

Sidenote: All of The Viper's pre-season rants were very amusing.
Rookie's an odd one. Always used to value his input, generally spoke a lot of sense, but for whatever reason really seemed quite opposed to 4-4-2/Hughton and appears to have just completely stopped posting this season.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Rookie's an odd one. Always used to value his input, generally spoke a lot of sense, but for whatever reason really seemed quite opposed to 4-4-2/Hughton and appears to have just completely stopped posting this season.

Yup.
Maybe he lost the passion.
I miss his avatar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here