Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes v Albion tonight - Kids free

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Reckon you're spot on there! :wozza:

One of them said: "Those lads should be ashamed of a performance like that on a few grand a week, they don't teach fight or passion at those sorta football clubs." :facepalm:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
One of them said: "Those lads should be ashamed of a performance like that on a few grand a week, they don't teach fight or passion at those sorta football clubs." :facepalm:

Oh dear. I thought 95% of Lewes fans were Albion season ticket holders?! Clearly, you've found the 5%.
Those kids are paid less than I am :)

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Looks like Toby's days are numbered. Shame, I thought he might make it and this was his chance with a new manager, but has slipped down the pecking order a bit sharpish.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Looks like Toby's days are numbered. Shame, I thought he might make it and this was his chance with a new manager, but has slipped down the pecking order a bit sharpish.

Yep, he hardly got the ball tonight, but when he did he didn't really do much with it. That ageing centre back for Lewes was a bit good! :lol:

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Well that was pretty disappointing. Not many positives to take away. Toby didn't look interested. Our no. 10 was quite lively in the first half (sorry not sure of his name) but I didn't see us play much possession football which I thought I would. We also struggled to defend all of their dead ball plays. I know we had some real youngsters out there but can't say we had much of a game plan. I only counted 2 shots for us and on a good day I can count to at least 3 :)

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Well that was pretty disappointing. Not many positives to take away. Toby didn't look interested. Our no. 10 was quite lively in the first half (sorry not sure of his name) but I didn't see us play much possession football which I thought I would. We also struggled to defend all of their dead ball plays. I know we had some real youngsters out there but can't say we had much of a game plan. I only counted 2 shots for us and on a good day I can count to at least 3 :)

Number 10 is the trialist from Chelsea, Jesse Starkey. Under 18 England footballer.

Walton and Smith didn't look comfortable in goal tonight at all. Adgestein wasn't interested either. Lots of mix ups between defence and goalkeeper throughout the game, and some of the experience of the Lewes lads definitely showed. Their first goal was from a free kick which even fooled me in all honesty.

The worst thing was though, they ran out of burgers and hot dogs at half time!

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Number 10 is the trialist from Chelsea, Jesse Starkey. Under 18 England footballer.

Walton and Smith didn't look comfortable in goal tonight at all. Adgestein wasn't interested either. Lots of mix ups between defence and goalkeeper throughout the game, and some of the experience of the Lewes lads definitely showed. Their first goal was from a free kick which even fooled me in all honesty.

The worst thing was though, they ran out of burgers and hot dogs at half time!

Ha! Tell me about the hot dogs running out. My daughter was queuing when the last one ran out so I know all about that. Thanks for the info about starkey, he could be a prospect.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This hasn't helped in their quest for 1st team action then

To be fair Oscar picked out the DS players in with a chance of being in the first team squad and took them to Spain , the remainder went to Portugal.

Jimmy Grimble

From what I can gather, Starkey requested to come on trial with us in the hope of having a greater chance of reaching the first team here than he would at Chelsea. If it is true it is highly commendable, but if Chelsea are happy to let this happen, it might mean he's not particularly rated there. Regardless, I hope he does well and whatever is best for his career. He's local and a good, humble lad.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
From what I can gather, Starkey requested to come on trial with us in the hope of having a greater chance of reaching the first team here than he would at Chelsea. If it is true it is highly commendable, but if Chelsea are happy to let this happen, it might mean he's not particularly rated there. Regardless, I hope he does well and whatever is best for his career. He's local and a good, humble lad.

Good to hear he's a Brighton lad. Let's hope he has the desire to make it. A quick bit of searching on the web suggests he has shown potential from a very young age. So that's definitely a positive from tonight.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Ha! Tell me about the hot dogs running out. My daughter was queuing when the last one ran out so I know all about that. Thanks for the info about starkey, he could be a prospect.

Apologies, there was one hot dog left, and they gave it to me for a quid. :blush: For some reason they were putting 2 sausages in the roll, no wonder they ran out so quick! People moan about the Amex catering, just thank God we don't have a burger van!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

This is true, know someone who plays for the u18s who's told me this. He's a Brighton boy and has come here for that exact reason.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Apologies, there was one hot dog left, and they gave it to me for a quid. :blush: For some reason they were putting 2 sausages in the roll, no wonder they ran out so quick! People moan about the Amex catering, just thank God we don't have a burger van!

Too true. Bring on the pies!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Lewes are looking a lot better then last season and the development squad awful. I'd expect them to at least be able to pass consistently well. None of those players looked anywhere near good enough for the first team. I thought adgestein (however it's spelt) would have played better but he didn't do anything. Although he barely got passed the ball.

But it is a very good time to be a Lewes fan. The club is now breaking even, there's a good experienced manager and a very good squad.

And I did enjoy it when some of the lewes fans started singing "we support our local club".

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
To balance out some of the negative comments somewhat, there was only one regular outfield member of last season's DS on show tonight, and that was Toby. Goodwin was injured, and Barker/Dickenson/Richards/March/Ince are all (at least for the time being) in Oscar's first-team plans. Six of last season's regulars were released in the summer (East/Jones/Akubuine/Rodgers/Sampayo/Oatway).

The rest of tonights team consisted of a triallist (himself a second-year scholar), first-year pros, and our own second-year scholars (with a mixture of first- and second-year scholars being introduced as subs). In other words, it was virtually an entire team whose prior experience is mostly youth team football.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I went tonight. We were terrible! It was slow, predictable, aimless and hopeless play.

However, all the wide men up front showed some ambition. The one on the left in the first half was our best player.

Toby was our worst attacker tonight, won nothing in the air or on the ground!

Good cross from a free kick for our goal.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Lewes will do very well this coming season. They made a smart appointment in Garry Wilson who did a fantastic job at Eastbourne Borough for over a decade and who got them to the Conference and Lewes now have a few of his former charges working back for him at the Dripping Pan, including the aforementioned Jay Lovett, who I, like Goldstone Rapper, went to school with and who is back in his second spell with Lewes. Garry Wilson should bring plenty of stability to the club after a few years of several changes and continual problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here