at home
Tonight, i will mostly be dancing with:

pic-main_home.jpg

sometimes life is really good

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I live in Landport you stuck up c u n t :thumbsup:

ah, thats explains it. :lolol: ever thought of moving somewhere nicer, like south London?

3. Gardeners Arms

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I grew up in Lewes and I have many happy memories of the town. I recall receiving a lifetime ban from the Odeon Cinema for lobbing a banger (firework, not hot dog) into the crowded foyer on a Saturday night. The following month I returned to the scene of the crime only to receive another lifetime ban, along with a few other mates. We were sat in the front row and were flicking lit fag ends up into the beam of the projector, thus creating an interesting 'firefly' effect. You should try it.

The Odeon Cinema which was in Cliffe High Street has long gone. There was another one on School Hill, the inappropriately named Cinema De Luxe. This was surely the cinema that gave birth to the term 'fleapit'. The manager, irreverantly known as Flashlight Fred, was a moral crusader, using his industrial sized torch to illuminate and deter back row hanky panky.

I like to go back to Lewes from time to time, but it's just not the same.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
ah, thats explains it. :lolol: ever thought of moving somewhere nicer, like south London?

3. Gardeners Arms

:lolol: had it's reputation in the past but most people have bought their council houses now and therefore tend to resppect the place.

Of course it still has its chavs....my new next door neighbour is a prime contender for chav of the century but Nevile and malling both have their share of yobs.

Wouldn't swap my house for all the tea in china.....i have unbroken views of the whole of north sussex. I can see the planes landing at Gatwick !!!!

Jameson

Lets never forget Lewes District Council's and Normal Baker's (do nothing, change nothing Party) aggressive and bewildering opposition to Falmer Stadium, from which they will benefit from hugely, I bet.

Ive lived in Lewes twice in my life and worked their a great deal; its an odd place. "Lewes Lulu's.." as quoted by people from Newhaven.

Its saving grace is clearly Harvey's brewery.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
Lets never forget Lewes District Council's and Normal Baker's (do nothing, change nothing Party) aggressive and bewildering opposition to Falmer Stadium, from which they will benefit from hugely, I bet.

Ive lived in Lewes twice in my life and worked their a great deal; its an odd place. "Lewes Lulu's.." as quoted by people from Newhaven.

Its saving grace is clearly Harvey's brewery.

from newhaven people :wozza:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I work there (in the town centre) and that's enough for me.

I wouldn't want to live there.

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
I work there, and if you think it's bad on a nice sunny day, try swinging past The Gardener's Arms at prime time on a Friday night.

"Colourful"

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I work in Lewes and think it is great. Eccentric indeed but as toher have said, it has character. There are so many 'nothing' towns in this country, Lewes has an identity all of its own.

Jul 7, 2003
Having worked in Lewes for five years my view of the place is that it is like Royston Vasey with added pyromaniacs and their 'special stuff' is brewed by the river.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here