Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes District Council drop Falmer case?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
_wilka_ said:
Right so how I understand it is we are now at the same point we would have been at the end of a review or court case with Ruth Kelly concidering the points Lewis want to bring up then giving a new decision which is final???

Not final at all. The new decision, when it arrives, can still be challenged by LDC in court, and if they don't like the ruling they can then go to the Court of Appeal, and then The House of Lords.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
The really laughable thing is that they have tried to claim that BHAFC actions were premature and pointless, when if they hadn't been for the hearing they would have done this 1 day before their hearing date in December.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
sparkie said:
Not final at all. The new decision, when it arrives, can still be challenged by LDC in court, and if they don't like the ruling they can then go to the Court of Appeal, and then The House of Lords.

Not quite true. They could still JR the decision, but they would have to be given permission by the High court judge to go to the Court of Appeal and then permission again to go to the HoL.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
sparkie said:

But they don't decide if they can. They ask a judge (or more judges) if they can. As someone said, they have shown their cards now -- making it VERY hard for them to succeed in a future judicial review.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
sparkie said:

The club have always said the next decision would be final though didn't they?

IT would be water tight.

D

Deleted User X18H

If one more twat types Lewis instead of L E W E S I will go mental:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
On holiday in Spain!
Get him back here NOW! :angry:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lewis

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Not quite true. They could still JR the decision, but they would have to be given permission by the High court judge to go to the Court of Appeal and then permission again to go to the HoL.

That's better than I thought.

So best case, if LDC drag it as far as they can then the timescale is

(a) wait for RK decision ( May ? ). Hopefully in our favour.
(b) wait until last possible day for LDC to appeal, which they do.
(c) wait for new JR ( 6 months later?)
(d) LDC laughed out of court.
(e) wait for last possible day for LDC to appeal this, which they do
(f) LDC granted date for when a judge can decide whether they can go to Court of Appeal.
(g) LDC laughed out of court again, and not allowed to go to Court of Appeal.

Finally we have planning permission.

Looks like well over a year away to me at least.

:nono:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
f***ing LDC, timewasting again, they are just delaying this. Fuckers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here