Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewes Community Football Club Is An Absolute Breath Of Fresh Air

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Was one of them [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION]?

I’ve to put the shirt purchase on hold, it was either buy a shirt with my username on it or pay the mortgage, apparently keeping a roof over the kids head is the grown up option.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Ideally, mix the two - Home Albion games at the Amex and pop along to the Pan for other games and the fantastic Women's team too. Its a whole different match day experience and I love them both. Perhaps we should all aim for that football fix with our local teams, if you can get a ticket :)

I've been doing POTG at Newhaven to get my football fix. Thoroughly enjoyable and will probably carry it on for non Albion match days

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
They were stocking Loud shirt beers in the bar when I went there. Based in the bell tower industrial estate.

https://loudshirtbeer.co.uk

I can recommend the psychedelic IPA if you are into that sort of thing!

I watched Hastings at whitehawk (January/February time) and Loudshirt Brewery Psychedelic IPA was on. Very nice. There was another barrel on the bar from a different brewer, can’t remember which one though.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
been going to way more non league games than brighton games for the past couple of seasons.

it's far easier to justify to the wife due to the reduced cost and amount of time that I'm away

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve met two NSC members who had their username on the back of their shirts. :)

There was a trend about 16/17 years ago, and Nsc people had get togethers. I remember seeing Easy 10 at the Crawley pre-season friendly, but he’d lost the 1, making him Easy 0

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Dont kid yourself. You will be surprised how much players are paid and where your money goes.. Hope agents not involved but would not be surprised . At Lewes level players will play following season for whoever pays them most.

No! You don't say!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In the last week alone, not even including the random condescending bullshit you post every time we don't win. You're a lot smarter and are a much better fan than anyone who posts here, not sure why you lower yourself to doing so, we are not worthy.

I dare you to tell him you've got a garden.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was a trend about 16/17 years ago, and Nsc people had get togethers. I remember seeing Easy 10 at the Crawley pre-season friendly, but he’d lost the 1, making him Easy 0

My favourite was when Krispies started losing half the letters off his shirt during the Withdean years and spent a couple of seasons with 'I PI S' written on his back :lol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've been doing POTG at Newhaven to get my football fix. Thoroughly enjoyable and will probably carry it on for non Albion match days

I have been to 2 matches this season, It’s nice to see the ground improvements they have carried out over the last few years.
Just need some decent beers in the bar, I definitely need to stay away from Carlsberg in the future.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
If you really want to dive into the non league rabbit hole, you can try the county league premier, great little clubs like Eastbourne Town, Hassocks, Steyning Town, East Preston, and most importantly all the ones I listed have a bar!

Also any team in the National League (incl Eastbourne Borough) are playing behind closed doors. So EB Town or EB United would be the way forward.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I have been to 2 matches this season, It’s nice to see the ground improvements they have carried out over the last few years.
Just need some decent beers in the bar, I definitely need to stay away from Carlsberg in the future.

Very true. My one disappointment.

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
I went to Lewes on Saturday. Enjoyed it because went with a few friends and hadnt been there for a long time. but please dont try and tell me there is any comparison to watching Albion. We were supporting Lewes and glad they won. However standard surprislngly poor .Not much better then park football but very much fitter. We now aim to visit Whitehawk, Eastbourne Bor, Worthing, Horsham, Burgess Hill and Bognor. Let me know if I have left any out

Hawks v Barton Rovers This Saturday - tenner, fiver for students/ concessions, kids under 10 free... Our own beer from Loudshirt - 'Hawks Ultra', a cheeky little IPA from the cask, and 'Whitehawk '75', an even cheekier double IPA at a whopping 7.5% (limited edition for the 75th Anniversary). max crowd of 400, lots of noise from the Ultras (It's an ironic term!), decent food and Adam El Abd for those who still wanna watch Albion players! https://whitehawkfc.ktckts.com

Pitch over...:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here