[Albion] Levi Colwill

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Trouble with a loan is our form, we are basically doing a Southampton/Leicester if we sell both Mac and Moses, have a bit of success flog everyone until the replacements are nowhere near as good. Most PL games are won or lost in midfield. If we struggle next season that gives the lad an option to run back to Chelsea.

I find the clamour for other PL owners/managers to sign our players rather odd to the point they will need a fight club soon to see who wins the deal. If Eze played in a BHA shirt with 10 goals and ten assists this season we would be batting off £80/90m bids this summer. Are we now known as the selling club bitches of the PL?
Maybe wait until September and see how many first team players we actually sell before we start on the angst?

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Would we refuse £80m last minute bids for Mitoma or Enciso when clubs miss out on other attacking options and start to panic? I guess we will find out.
Absolutely we would. This has been their breakthrough season and we need them for two more seasons minimum, by which time (hopefully) they'll be starring for a top 4 club and wondering just how green the grass would be on the other side. Both potential £100m+ players IMO.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It looks like the club is spending before selling to head off buyers thinking we are flush. That makes sense.
It's also great to get new players signed early so they can train and gel with the squad over the whole summer, and RDZ can work on/with them, rather than signing players on the last day of the transfer window who then need to spend several weeks 'bonding' with their teammates, adapting to our playing style and tactics, and generally 'getting up to speed'.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Trouble with a loan is our form, we are basically doing a Southampton/Leicester if we sell both Mac and Moses, have a bit of success flog everyone until the replacements are nowhere near as good. Most PL games are won or lost in midfield. If we struggle next season that gives the lad an option to run back to Chelsea.

I find the clamour for other PL owners/managers to sign our players rather odd to the point they will need a fight club soon to see who wins the deal. If Eze played in a BHA shirt with 10 goals and ten assists this season we would be batting off £80/90m bids this summer. Are we now known as the selling club bitches of the PL?

Would we refuse £80m last minute bids for Mitoma or Enciso when clubs miss out on other attacking options and start to panic? I guess we will find out.
If it makes you feel better think of it as a sign of quality. A player from Brighton is a top quality player with all requisite guarantees and proofs of provenance(ignore Cucu this season) whereas a palace one is bought from a Del boy from the back of a van or a dodgy market stall.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
You
Of course although you have to admit it’s odd, Enciso plays a handful of games and every club and their mother are already sniffing.
You only have to look at the massive improvement in his shooting, passing and positional play over those games to see it's not odd at all, especially for a player who had only just turned NINETEEN.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Of course although you have to admit it’s odd, Enciso plays a handful of games and every club and their mother are already sniffing.
You know this is all just based on opinion pieces from click bait articles right? The writer asks an ex footballer (who isn't much cop at football management and definitely not ITK) who they think a richer club than Brighton should buy. Given the past season the easiest thing to do is to now list the best players from clubs who are known to not have much money, like little old Brighton. Of course they will list Caicedo and Enciso and Ferguson and Mitoma and Alexis. Need a new manager? Of course suggest RDZ. Who wouldn't rate him?

Just because Danny Mills and Gazza think Enciso would be good at Newcastle doesn't mean a deal is being negotiated or even that Newcastle are now "sniffing". It just means you clicked on another BS Internet article.

We will not be selling most of our best young players this summer. Relax and stop clicking so much.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You
You only have to look at the massive improvement in his shooting, passing and positional play over those games to see it's not odd at all, especially for a player who had only just turned NINETEEN.
If it makes you feel better think of it as a sign of quality. A player from Brighton is a top quality player with all requisite guarantees and proofs of provenance(ignore Cucu this season) whereas a palace one is bought from a Del boy from the back of a van or a dodgy market stall.
Ben White isn’t outstanding, good player who still probably doesn’t know his best position. Others may disagree of course. So our two big sales haven’t exactly been major successes so far. Bissouma is a system player he was good doing a job for us when we found his best position week in week out, looks average at Spuds when I’ve seen him play.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ben White isn’t outstanding, good player who still probably doesn’t know his best position. Others may disagree of course. So our two big sales haven’t exactly been major successes so far. Bissouma is a system player he was good doing a job for us when we found his best position week in week out, looks average at Spuds when I’ve seen him play.
I personally think you can say that playing week in week out for a world renowned club, which was a genuine title contender and ended up finishing second to arguably the best club in the world right now, is a major success.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Totally disagree. £40m tops
Fans of buying clubs always talk down the price. We’ve been explaining that to fans of Leeds, Chelsea, Arsenal and others for a few years now. If Man City or Newcastle were in for him the price would be north of £50m. I don’t think that’s our model so won’t happen unless we get close to £100m for Caicedo.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Therefore, see post #826.
Fair enough. But same logic applies when we sell. So what’s the valuation for Caicedo and MacAllister ? Deals only happen at ‘market valuation’ if both sides keen to trade. Also, the deals you mention involved foreign clubs keen to benefit from PL riches as their domestic competition does not operate in the same financial sphere. I sense we want to buy him more than Chelsea want to sell. If we don’t then there is no valuation anyway as we move on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I personally think you can say that playing week in week out for a world renowned club, which was a genuine title contender and ended up finishing second to arguably the best club in the world right now, is a major success.
Tell that to Arsenal fans :lolol:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
In that case what's the worry?

If they're not particularly good players then you should be laughing that clubs are falling over themselves to give us ridiculous money for average players. And if they're average players then we should be able to replace them relatively easily. Win win!

Basically, what I'm trying to say is cheer up, there's no need to be negative about things, TB has done a pretty decent job so far.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bottle jobs 🤣 Carpet head won’t admit it he should embrace it, Hughton embraced losing on the final day to Boro and went again the next season saying well that’s not happening again. Managers should embrace losses use them as a tool instead of making excuses.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports