[Albion] Levi Colwill

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The reason being we wanted more games out of him. If Arsenal won't increase their bid and nobody betters it, then his value is £70m. But we shouldn't accept it. I'd prefer another season out of him, with the massive bonus that his worth could well soar to your valuation.
I’ve seen that Barca are after a ‘pivot’.

In reality, they clearly can’t afford him but the creative accounting at that club knows no limits and it’s possible they’d be able to claw together the funding. Barca (or anywhere else outside the EPL and Europa League) is my preferred destination if Moises has to go.

Jimmy Grimble

There is no world he is 40m. More experience at a higher level and younger than Ben White - as well as being left footed and a better ball player. Chelsea also have no interest in selling.
Ben White had played more Premier League games when we sold him than Colwill has currently played.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Agree with the above. The moment Colwill plays for England he's probably the most valuable defender in English football. It's not a risk spending £50 million on him. But it obviously isn't our money.

Jimmy Grimble

But Colwill already looks better than White in the games he has played, is 3 years younger than White was when we sold him and can play centre half in a back 4 which White can’t do.
I don’t completely disagree with that, though I still need more evidence that Colwill looks better than White. I was just pointing out the incorrect claim about games played.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I don’t completely disagree with that, though I still need more evidence that Colwill looks better than White. I was just pointing out the incorrect claim about games played.
The question is would Ben White look any better playing in a RDZ team? I think it’s more about fit than anything else. Look at Pascal, he wouldn’t start for most top half teams but for our style of play he’s priceless. The question would be who is the best fit and that goes for anyone else we look at rather than if they are ‘world class‘?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The question is would Ben White look any better playing in a RDZ team? I think it’s more about fit than anything else. Look at Pascal, he wouldn’t start for most top half teams but for our style of play he’s priceless. The question would be who is the best fit and that goes for anyone else we look at rather than if they are ‘world class‘?
No he wouldn’t. White wouldn’t work in an RDZ team as he plays a back 4 and White can’t play as a centre back in a back four which is why he’s now a right back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No he wouldn’t. White wouldn’t work in an RDZ team as he plays a back 4 and White can’t play as a centre back in a back four which is why he’s now a right back.
Skilful player but close on useless in the air, which is why he’s now a RB?

Stumpy Tim

Colwill is probably a 60m player so looks like that would be about right. He’s worth more than Ben White was when we sold him for 50m
Why is he worth £60m?? And why worth more than White? White had a full season in the Championship (Player of the Season) and a full season in the Premier League (voted Player of the Season (by Leeds fans :ROFLMAO: )), was called up by England and had 4 years left on his contract. Colwill played about half a season in the Premier League, isn't in the England squad and has 2 years left on his contract

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Why is he worth £60m?? And why worth more than White? White had a full season in the Championship (Player of the Season) and a full season in the Premier League (voted Player of the Season (by Leeds fans :ROFLMAO: )), was called up by England and had 4 years left on his contract. Colwill played about half a season in the Premier League, isn't in the England squad and has 2 years left on his contract
I’d agree Colwill is £60m in the current market

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
So he could play right back for RDZ? Maybe RDZ could coach him to play CB. He’s very good with his feet which seems to be a prerequisite for RDZ.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
How much he is worth and how much someone would pay for him are two very different numbers. It‘s all down to urgency and need.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But Colwill already looks better than White in the games he has played, is 3 years younger than White was when we sold him and can play centre half in a back 4 which White can’t do.
I’m not sure White is unable to play in a back 3

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
That’s us completely out of the picture then, based on two posts above.

The Albion won’t pay £50m or £60m for a CB, who’s an uncapped young work in progress.

World class, finished article VVD, cost Liverpool £75m.
What VVD cost a 5 ago is of little relevance. Market gone up substantially and also doesn’t have the ‘English’ tax attached.
yes sorry - It slips my mind a touch the PL season just because it was all behind closed doors. Poor excuse I admit!

I’d rate Colwill higher than White just as to me he seems more of a finished article than White - and certainly than White was at his age, is a left footed ball playing CB which is always well sought after and plays for a ‘traditional’ Top 6 side who are uninterested it appears in selling. Appreciate Colwill hasn’t played for the senior squad yet but has been around the England set up for a long time which White wasn’t.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
There is no world he is 40m. More experience at a higher level and younger than Ben White - as well as being left footed and a better ball player. Chelsea also have no interest in selling.
The bit about Ben White is clearly untrue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports