Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Competition hotting up nicely. Left sided centre back, yeh I know all that, but the way Webby was playing at the weekend, I think he'll take some shifting.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Personally think he might be our most expensive signing, he fits the club well and the club are doing their utmost to fit him in. We will need a new leader at the back at some point so maybe it will be him.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What a signing he would be. Can’t see Chelsea letting him come to us permanently though, sadly.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I wonder how this might play out if Colwill indicates to Chelsea that he doesn't want to sign a new contract and shows a preference to stay at Brighton?
The Evening Standard article that he has two years remaining on his Chelsea contract after this season.
Would Chelsea consider selling an unhappy player? Would Chelsea risk outrage from their supporters by selling a promising home grown player from their academy?

I think if Levi had just a year left on his Chelsea contract there would be a chance he could push for a move away (like Trossard's situation).
But unfortunately with two years remaining it looks like our chances are slim to none.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He looks so fitting at our club I’d be happy for us to spend some serious dosh on him. Also, if the best we could get is another years loan then that is no bad thing in my eyes.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I wonder how this might play out if Colwill indicates to Chelsea that he doesn't want to sign a new contract and shows a preference to stay at Brighton?
The Evening Standard article that he has two years remaining on his Chelsea contract after this season.
Would Chelsea consider selling an unhappy player? Would Chelsea risk outrage from their supporters by selling a promising home grown player from their academy?

I think if Levi had just a year left on his Chelsea contract there would be a chance he could push for a move away (like Trossard's situation).
But unfortunately with two years remaining it looks like our chances are slim to none.
It would be a club record fee and just not the type of deal we do. 2 years left on his contract, very young, English with a growing reputation, already at a big club. The fee would be astronomical and entirely out of our budget. £50m+ maybe as high as £75-80m.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Not convinced about the outrage. Because of the signings from the last window and the growing perception that the Potter ' process ' is slowly working, I think they'll be more outraged that they are not signing some big wage name superstar and a lot will exclaim ' Levi who?' Potter will know his potential but since when did the Yank listen to Potter.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
It would be a club record fee and just not the type of deal we do. 2 years left on his contract, very young, English with a growing reputation, already at a big club. The fee would be astronomical and entirely out of our budget. £50m+ maybe as high as £75-80m.
Part payment for Caicedo? If we do lose him be good to get a new player in rather than just cash?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Part payment for Caicedo? If we do lose him be good to get a new player in rather than just cash?
I personally think Caicedo will go to Arsenal in the summer for around £80m and it is my belief - without evidence mind you - that this deal is essentially already done.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He would cost about £50m and frankly he would improve Chelsea's defence so they'd almost certainly want to keep him. He's contracted until 2025 so unlikely to be able to force a move that way even if he wanted to.

I don't think this one is on. Enjoy him while hes here, and lets not get all "FREE BEN WHITE" about it.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I personally think Caicedo will go to Arsenal in the summer for around £80m and it is my belief - without evidence mind you - that this deal is essentially already done.
Without any evidence whatsoever I think that we'll qualify for Europe and that Tony Bloom will back De Zerbi for a season and not sell any of our Crown Jewels for a year.
Before the end of this season he'll also get Mitoma to sign an extended contract to go with Caicedo and Mac Allister. And hopefully keep Colwill for a further season, if not he'll sign the Shaktar defender that we were allegedly considering in January.
The players are now so well drilled in De Zerbi's style that with a pre-season and a clear run at a new campaign that we can again be a top ten side challenging for Europe once again next year.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
One thing going in our favour, he must look at the Chelsea squad and wonder how he’ll fit in?

If anyone is not champions league ready now, not a problem, we’ll just throw £80 million at it. He’ll likely get a lot more game time under De Zerbi but it’s whether Chelsea would let him go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here