[Albion] Levi Colwill

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
In my opinion there is not a chance Chelsea will let him go.

Chelsea have 3 good centre backs as far as I'm aware. Forfana, Koulibaly and Thiago Silva.

I assume Silva's contract must be up this season or next. With his age they will need another centre back coming in.

It's a nice thought, but it aint happening.
But I believe they are just about to spend big on another CB

Our best chance of getting him, IMO, is if Chelsea fail to sign Enzo Fernandez from Benfica and they come in for Trossard.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think if Chelsea has a chance to keep him, they will.

If Brighton have a chance to sign him, they will.

It all comes down to what is really in that loan deal. Could be anything: no clauses, option, obligation, both of the latter two could include a lot of twists and turns.

My long shot guess is that Brighton wanted to buy him in the summer, Chelsea asked for too much money, and that a comprimise was reached that Brighton would buy the player for that originally too high value if he proved to be good enough to play x number of minutes or games... which does seem to be the case.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The player himself may be able to influence what happens re a permanent transfer? I hope we go for it, much as I like Webster, he is a sick note

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The player himself may be able to influence what happens re a permanent transfer? I hope we go for it, much as I like Webster, he is a sick note
Ooooh bit harsh that. He’s not been out that much compared to some players. We need to sign a Duffy replacement upgrade and I think Colwill is the one 👍

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ooooh bit harsh that. He’s not been out that much compared to some players. We need to sign a Duffy replacement upgrade and I think Colwill is the one 👍
Which players out of interest ? He’s been injured more than Lallana & Welbeck since both have been here

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My only concern is that Dunk looks a bit out of sorts on the right. He has made a career out of playing on the left or in the middle and just looks a bit more uncomfortable dealing with long balls when he plays with Colwill.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it? I seem to recall that he has been out for lengthy periods every season since we signed him. Fabulous player imo but he takes a few games to get up to speed and he has been injured a lot…I think

Chailey will be along with the facts shortly I’m sure :smile:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Which players out of interest ? He’s been injured more than Lallana & Welbeck since both have been here
Jack Wilshire, Ben Chilwell, Diogo Jota and Steph Houghton.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is it? I seem to recall that he has been out for lengthy periods every season since we signed him. Fabulous player imo but he takes a few games to get up to speed and he has been injured a lot…I think

Chailey will be along with the facts shortly I’m sure :smile:
Yeh seems a bit harsh to me but could be just a feeling and no facts obviously…

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
His contract ends in 2024 and we may be able to convince him during his year with us that he will get plenty of game time at Brighton
Signed a 4 year deal June 2021.

As he's only 19, you'd think he's still got his eye on breaking into the Chelsea squad.

Unfortunately. Would be a great signing.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If there’s a chance to sign him permanently, and it’s not silly money, then we should go for it. Didn’t realise until recently that he’s only 19….

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
On the basis of the Gallagher loan to Palace, I would suggest that he's not for sale. There's every chance he could be back at the Bridge next season and a big part of the first team plans. Having said that, I'm sure they wouldn't turn down an outrageously over the top price (a la Cucu), so never say never.

Agree he is very impressive, though.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Wonder if we can get him perm when Mac goes to Chelsea in the Summer. Would probably work well for all parties

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
We should make our move but doubt Chelsea will let him go. Not a huge financial incentive for him to try and force a move either as it would be a modest salary increase, expect he's already on at least 20k a week.

Would surely break our transfer record if everything does align, 25-30m?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
In my opinion there is not a chance Chelsea will let him go.

Chelsea have 3 good centre backs as far as I'm aware. Forfana, Koulibaly and Thiago Silva.

I assume Silva's contract must be up this season or next. With his age they will need another centre back coming in.

It's a nice thought, but it aint happening.
My Chelsea STH friend is massively unimpressed with Koulibaly, a yard too slow for the Prem.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
On the basis of the Gallagher loan to Palace, I would suggest that he's not for sale. There's every chance he could be back at the Bridge next season and a big part of the first team plans. Having said that, I'm sure they wouldn't turn down an outrageously over the top price (a la Cucu), so never say never.

Agree he is very impressive, though.
But Palace also managed to get Guehi from Chelsea for £18m which suggests there is the ability to get deals done.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Surely with Chelsea on the verge of signing Fernandez, pushing their spend to £500,000,000 since the summer, they must need to sell someone to at least look like they’re trying to adhere to FFP?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports