Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Letter from the club to STH

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some of the younger fans struggle to go to any evening match. Given the number of these that are happening now I'm going to struggle to keep my son's season ticket next year.

The old system of paying the difference between a child's season ticket price and the full price when upgrading seems to me to be a lot fairer all round.

That's exactly what they are STILL allowing - but only to a maximum of six times per season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Some of the younger fans struggle to go to any evening match. Given the number of these that are happening now I'm going to struggle to keep my son's season ticket next year.

The old system of paying the difference between a child's season ticket price and the full price when upgrading seems to me to be a lot fairer all round.

Yup. I go with my eight-year-old son. They've just moved the Brentford game from an afternoon to an evening kick-off. I suspect this won't be the last, either, especially if we remain near the top.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dear STH

Here's a couple of lines thanking you for your continuing support.

Here's also several hundred lines why the club believes that most of you are inherently criminals.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just don't have kids, simple[emoji57] [emoji106]

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Totally fair enough. Six upgrades is plenty.

It did put me briefly in mind of the dilemma I used to have at the Goldstone as a seventeen year old when, having been out drinking under age, I'd smuggle 10 B&H in to the deepest recesses of my ski jacket, suck on an Extra Strong Mint and try to get in for half price.

Haha, Reminds me of something that happened to me many years ago. I never really looked my age back then, and I was once in a queue to get into the East terrace when a copper asked me how old I was. I said I was 19, which was true, and he told me I was in the under 16 queue. It was a genuine mistake and I changed queues, but the copper then told me he only asked me because I was smoking and didn't look old enough :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, and there are already more than 6 scheduled or played evening games.

That's true, but most of those were always scheduled to be evening games, when you bought your tickets.

I fully understand your issue - I myself pay for two junior ST, and my younger lad rarely attends midweek, as we don't get home until nearly midnight - but I can't see that six chances to take someone older isn't fair enough. They don't have to allow ANY.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not to bothered about this myself, what does annoy is that they announce this and assorted other bollocks but still haven't announced details of the Hull cup game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't understand why the letter's author has conflated limiting upgrades with adults trying to get in using kids tickets. These are two separate issues. Am I missing sonerhing? In fact, I don't even see a reason to mention this latter point at all; all the club need to do is enforce the pre-existing rule.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I fully understand your issue - I myself pay for two junior ST, and my younger lad rarely attends midweek, as we don't get home until nearly midnight - but I can't see that six chances to take someone older isn't fair enough. They don't have to allow ANY.

No of course they don't, but putting these limits on appears to be attempting to fix one problem (people using tickets at a different price band to that which they should) whilst creating another (penalising those with children whose kids can't make a number of games). And given that the former issue was a revenue loss issue and the latter a revenue gain issue it seems like an odd choice to make rather than more stringent enforcement.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is this a letter that has been posted out, or is it just on the website?

If the former, I haven't received it (just a Christmas card). If the latter, I don't often look on there.

Or has it just been sent to those who have concession season tickets (which would make more sense)?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not to bothered about this myself, what does annoy is that they announce this and assorted other bollocks but still haven't announced details of the Hull cup game.
Sat 9th Jan 3pm

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry cant quite understand this. Whether it is 4 or 9 games If your child cant go what on earth is wrong with taking adult friend and upgrading. Win win for club as long as person pays for upgrade. Whats the alternative. An empty seat and prob child wont renew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here