Let's talk about Skalak

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Looked promising-at least he tried!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Very poor" in the first half according to WA.

Repeatedly offside.

Looks like we have another dud.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Decent squad player. He produced the cross for the goal but lost the ball rather too easily. Rather out of position wide on the right I felt. He does not have any real pace.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Considering it was his first start in English football I thought he did well. The crosses for Zamora and Stephens were excellent.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Skalak could be anything, but looks to me. on limited viewing available, to be this half-season's Elvis Manu. Playing a bit part and contributing on adrenalin and not much else. Happy for this post to be bounced and derided later in the season, especially if his contribution clinches automatic promotion. But pretty sure that won't be necessary. WAY too hit and miss to make a genuine impact.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Pros and cons today. His delivery into the box was consistently brilliant, if he keeps that up he'll get a bag load of assists which is brilliant for the team.

He's not that quick and seemed a bit one footed which wasn't ideal for a right footer playing on the left wing, but despite that still created our best chances. He doesn't carry the ball like Knocky or Kaz do.

Agree that it'll take him a while to get used to the physicality of english football.

bhafc62

Feb 7, 2016
London
Looked one of the best o the pitch. Early days and hopefully will be a big impact come the play offs. Could easily have assisted 2 goals today!

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Skalak could be anything, but looks to me. on limited viewing available, to be this half-season's Elvis Manu. Playing a bit part and contributing on adrenalin and not much else. Happy for this post to be bounced and derided later in the season, especially if his contribution clinches automatic promotion. But pretty sure that won't be necessary. WAY too hit and miss to make a genuine impact.

Hit and miss after a game and two cameos. I've heard it all now.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

But then you're such a pessimist that when the tide is out at Brighton beach you probably try and claim the sea is half empty!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hit and miss after a game and two cameos. I've heard it all now.

Look up his wiki entry. Suggests he's not been a game changer for anybody anytime ever. For sure seems to be big on enthusiasm, as he would be living his dream in England, but seems equally, sadly, short on skill. Guess some people need more evidence than others :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I liked the look of him. Very busy and constantly running. Conditions today were terrible but did more than Knockaert I thought.

Got a very good cross in him though. A very tough game in crap conditions to make a full debut. I certainly won't write him off yet. Certainly has promise that's for sure.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Think I tend to agree - unless Murphy is a bit frazzled, I'd of started with Murphy today and maybe subbed him with Skalak then on Tuesday tried it the other way round.
Maybe Murphy was a bit shagged. He certainly covered a lot of ground on Tuesday.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Look up his wiki entry. Suggests he's not been a game changer for anybody anytime ever. For sure seems to be big on enthusiasm, as he would be living his dream in England, but seems equally, sadly, short on skill. Guess some people need more evidence than others :shrug:

I need more evidence than Wiki, None of their stats are based on playing in the Championship like he did today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here