Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let’s Talk About Locadia

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That just made me laugh out loud. :lolol:

I'm starting to actually think that was GP proving a point, too. Unless he came up with the best mash-up in the history of mash-ups and slipped the manager a copy midweek I really cannot see any reason why he justified perching his arse on the bench - never mind entering the field of play in a top-level football match!

Uncle Tony is not stupid. Graham Potter is not stupid. However, trotting Locadia onto the field of play was stupid. :glare:

Maybe it's two false-negatives making a false-positive, and Mr D.J. got lucky.

I guess its just the naive fanboy in me that thought Locadia MIGHT come on and do something. But after tonight, its simply got to be a case of Potter sending a message loud and clear saying "just look at the utter SHITE I'm left turning to, to try and win you games".

Maybe we need some more Locadia cameos (and Maupay 3-yard skiers) next month to train some minds and finally get a professional PL striker over the line in January.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Locadia on the same pitch, in the same team as Trossard.

Astonishing really.

he is CLEARLY getting played in the hope some MUG will put an offer in for him .....should have been loaned out to carlisle or forest green.......up there with Kemmy as worst bit of business in recent years ....we should be sueing his agent.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Worried for Aaron. Not been seen since people last had the chance to bully him, hope he is ok.

As for Locadia I have seen him score at various levels and he is a natural goal scorer. Unfortunately that is all, every other part of his game is just not at this level.

But those levels are significantly lower than where he is currently and that includes the Dutch league.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
If you are a team with cash and ambitions. Come take a look at this guy. Regularly on the bench for the team 8th in the premier league, good enough to get on the pitch for 30 minutes against Leeds, but not given a chance to start and prove what he can do. Got to be worth a gamble.

Potter master stroke, just a shame Big Jurg and Solly couldn't bring back some of that Millwall FA Cup magic to seal the win, we deserved.

I didn't think anyone would ever be able to give Kemy a run for his money, but a centre forward WHO REFUSES TO HEAD A FOOTBALL!!!!! and has so few redeeming features really is pushing it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
How much longer does Locadia's contract have to run? we seem to have been trying to offload him for ever. Totally ineffective with us, and in two loan spells, one of them in the MLS where he even struggled to make the bench at times.

Neal Maupay, as poor as he was yesterday, must have felt sick to the core at having to make way for someone like him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bollocks! He had Sarmiento and Mac Allister and Richards on the bench he could have brought on instead. And could have had Ferguson, Tolaj, Ella or Connolly on the bench if he'd wanted to.

Just can't think of a singe reason why he didn't do any of those.

I think I’m right in saying none of those in the first batch you mention are central strikers.
Locadia is a central striker, just a very very limited one.
The others would be a real shot in the dark. Then there’s Connolly, who is a similar standard to Locadia.
Let’s face it, the options we have up front are dire. Comfortably the worst in the Premier League and barely average for the championship.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
How much longer does Locadia's contract have to run? we seem to have been trying to offload him for ever. Totally ineffective with us, and in two loan spells, one of them in the MLS where he even struggled to make the bench at times.

Neal Maupay, as poor as he was yesterday, must have felt sick to the core at having to make way for someone like him.

Another 4.5 years to go and then he’ll nearly be down to his last year (if he doesn’t take up the option of a further 12 months after that). Call it 2027 to be safe.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I think I’m right in saying none of those in the first batch you mention are central strikers.
Locadia is a central striker, just a very very limited one.
The others would be a real shot in the dark. Then there’s Connolly, who is a similar standard to Locadia.
Let’s face it, the options we have up front are dire. Comfortably the worst in the Premier League and barely average for the championship.
Disagree that Connolly is a similar level to Locadia. At least he has scored a few decent PL goals and puts a shift in. Surprised he wasn't on the bench ahead of Locadia unless he was injured

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Disagree that Connolly is a similar level to Locadia. At least he has scored a few decent PL goals and puts a shift in. Surprised he wasn't on the bench ahead of Locadia unless he was injured

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Connolly is a better option than Locadia sure, but they are both very poor strikers by Premier League standards.
Hopefully Connolly can come again, as you are right that he had his moments in 2019.
As for Locadia - Even if he does have high level footballing talent (big if) , I’m not convinced he’d ever get himself fit enough to be sharp enough to get ahead of defenders and score goals.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

This is the last season of Locadia's contract.

He leaves in January or in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here