Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's Big Up Barnes

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Can't believe 1 of the doubters hasn't put something pointless on this thread as he gets the blame for everything even when he isn't playing

Wonder how long that'll last?

He's very lucky we have had no strikers this season he is a great league 1 player. Lita must be wondering whats going on!

Oh, wait :rolleyes: :tosser:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Wonder how long that'll last?

Oh, wait :rolleyes: :tosser:

Tell me why you rate Barnes so much and I will tell you why I don't. You can big him up all you like, he hasn't scored enough goals for us this season and cant run and I reiterate has been very lucky to get the minutes this season

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
finally someone who isn't wearing rose tinted! Strikers should be judged on goals the stats don't lie.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I've always been 'on the fence' when it comes to our Ashley, but the Wigan commentary team were quite complimentary about his performance today.

I just feel that he always seems to want a free kick rather than trying to get on with playing football. He deserves recognition for his endeavor to play the lone striker at the moment.

Will he keep his place when others are fit to return? I'm not sure but he isn't PLR should we get there imo.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Andrew Crofts after today
Barnesy was outstanding today. He worked tirelessly all day, his hold-up play was brilliant and he was causing their centre-backs nightmares, that is what he is about and I personally love playing with him.

He gives it everything every week and what he did today was massive for the team

From the stream he got battered by their centre backs and did a bloody good job up top on his own.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tell me why you rate Barnes so much and I will tell you why I don't. You can big him up all you like, he hasn't scored enough goals for us this season and cant run and I reiterate has been very lucky to get the minutes this season

He's part of a team who are doing well despite missing lots of players.

One could argue that he is in the side because of injuries, but one could also argue that he had carried us along.

He was excellent today. Plodding his lonely path.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Was he lucky to get minutes last season, how about the season before?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
He's part of a team who are doing well despite missing lots of players.

One could argue that he is in the side because of injuries, but one could also argue that he had carried us along.

He was excellent today. Plodding his lonely path.

You cant knock him for his endeavour and his loyalty to the club. I just feel Lita has to be playing over him again this is just my opinion

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
finally someone who isn't wearing rose tinted! Strikers should be judged on goals the stats don't lie.

He's got a similar goal ratio to someone like Defoe.

He's not a Grant Holt, but he didn't score today. Holt peaked late on and Barnes is still young (in terms of strikers). Holt matured late by the way.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Rookie your flogging a dead horse ... when eventually he goes they will pick on some-one else

Yeah I know, just annoys me that he is the chosen player to take stick no matter how well he does

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He has to be doing something right to keep Lita out of the starting line up.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
He has to be doing something right to keep Lita out of the starting line up.

Lita will be nearly fully fit now this was holding him back getting starts. Barnes scored twice last week which is great as he helped us get the 3pts that's the main reason he kept his place. If OG insists on playing him and he's not scoring why not drop him back and put Lita up there

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ashley-Barnes.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lita will be nearly fully fit now this was holding him back getting starts. Barnes scored twice last week which is great as he helped us get the 3pts that's the main reason he kept his place. If OG insists on playing him and he's not scoring why not drop him back and put Lita up there

Lita was fit or not. I don't see how you can suggest that was the reason Barnes was starting.

From a personal point of view, I reckon OG likes his attitude and endeavour on the field. Today, he was the lonely sniper, but carried out his job well and we won.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We do need to get Barnes signed up on a longer contract. He is beginning to look a very good player. His flicks and deft touches show great skill on the ball.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here