Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's be honest here.....

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Gave up my season ticket after 17 years at the start of this season and have to say have not missed it one bit
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We realised you had, and we've spent every halftime break telling each other how much we've missed you. We'd love you to change your mind and come back...it's not the same without you. :mad:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Didn't he meg John Barnes in the 2-2 draw at A field?

He certainly had him on a tight leash. Remember the sound of Good Old Sussex by the Sea reverberating around Anfield and a warm response from the Kop. But my fav memory was the singing of 'Johnny Crumplin football Genius' being sung by the entire Northtstand without a hint of irony after his 25yarder (ish) goal.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He certainly had him on a tight leash. Remember the sound of Good Old Sussex by the Sea reverberating around Anfield and a warm response from the Kop. But my fav memory was the singing of 'Johnny Crumplin football Genius' being sung by the entire Northtstand without a hint of irony after his 25yarder (ish) goal.

The cup game was the first time my young nephew, who I used to take to games, heard me use,shall we say, industrial language, when Johnny Burnes scored

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Absolute nonsense. To be second in this very competitive league is a fantastic achievement. You're right, we have had poorer performances mixed in with great ones. That's the same for ALL teams in the championship as that's the nature of this division. I'd argue Brighton will improve further too as players return to full fitness and are finding their form. 2nd place. Best defensive record. This must be a wind up!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes. Been an Albion fan for a long time. But my rather pathetic attempt at adding some light hearted colour to the debate doesn't curry favour with the vast majority of our fanbase. For that reason I'm withdrawing from the scene....and it's patently clear no one would miss me! Anyway, enjoy the trip mate and as ever, UP THE ALBION!!!

Think your post was lost on a few here. Onto Norwich and as Delia would say ' let's be having em ' hic slide hic

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Okay the result was right, but this was another lacklustre performance and our league position doesn't reflect the negative tactics of the manager. Despite all the upbeat language, I really wonder if we are a club cheerily targeting another play off disappointment - the summer signings would certainly reflect this. We have the fabric of a side seeking moderate success as opposed to one 'really going for it'. Personally, I'm dismayed by Tony Bloom's apathy towards Premier League status - recent investment would certainly endorse this. Norwood, Sidwell, Skalak, Duffy and Baldock are League 1 thoroughbreds, but alongside the marquee signings at Newcastle, Norwich et al, none are promotion material or the 'wow' players required for a sustained attack on automatic promotion. This is the first season I have felt compelled to withdraw my season ticket but I will hang in there just a bit longer in the hope Bloom, Barber etc see sense and really deliver the success our fans so deserve.

IF and it's a BIG IF...............had we spent £5 to £10M in the last January window......

This thread and it's content will be bounced again IF we are 2nd in January and come the end of the month IF we "again" fail to spend the money then a play off position will probably beckon....

I can get frustrated and i can occasionally criticize,however the team are doing great at the moment and the club is slowly getting stronger.

Other than that Albion really are a club with one hand tied behind it's back in this division and the blame for that lays squarely at the door of 3 people.

ARCHER- STANLEY-BELLOTTI

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Okay the result was right, but this was another lacklustre performance and our league position doesn't reflect the negative tactics of the manager. Despite all the upbeat language, I really wonder if we are a club cheerily targeting another play off disappointment - the summer signings would certainly reflect this. We have the fabric of a side seeking moderate success as opposed to one 'really going for it'. Personally, I'm dismayed by Tony Bloom's apathy towards Premier League status - recent investment would certainly endorse this. Norwood, Sidwell, Skalak, Duffy and Baldock are League 1 thoroughbreds, but alongside the marquee signings at Newcastle, Norwich et al, none are promotion material or the 'wow' players required for a sustained attack on automatic promotion. This is the first season I have felt compelled to withdraw my season ticket but I will hang in there just a bit longer in the hope Bloom, Barber etc see sense and really deliver the success our fans so deserve.

You mean Newcastle, Norwich et al (presumably Villa) who have more millions of pounds in the bank between them than we've likely ever had? Utterly shocking that they've splashed the cash and we haven't isn't it?

SACK THE BOARD! GET THIS CODNER'S WALLOP CHAP IN CHARGE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here