Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all laugh at the French......

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Oh god I hate them. With their filthy garlic breath and their obsession with their dying language.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Allez Les Bleus. Pleased they made it to the WC Finals.

I like their country, their food, their footballers and the accents of pretty French girls speaking English :thumbsup:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Odds of France getting further than England in the World Cup?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Watched the whole game tonight. France deserved it. Ukraine got their tactics all wrong, especially in the first half.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Allez Les Bleus. Pleased they made it to the WC Finals.

I like their country, their food, their footballers and the accents of pretty French girls speaking English :thumbsup:

I look forward to watching some of the group matches in the bar at our camp site in the Vendee.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wonder if Ukraine threw that ?

To miss out on the biggest stage of all at a World Cup? No way. Unless they had guns held to their heads, no amount of money would be worth sacrificing a footballers career highlight to be part of the magical 32 teams competing in Brazil next summer.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Just seen one of the French goals, he was only 5 yards offside. French seem to ride their luck a bit in these play off games, nothing dodgy of course.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Wonder if Ukraine threw that ?

It did cross my mind.

Blatter and Platini could get together and do a deal for Ukraine to host the World Cup ? Perhaps in the winter when it's minus whatever degrees?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Just seen one of the French goals, he was only 5 yards offside. French seem to ride their luck a bit in these play off games, nothing dodgy of course.

To be fair, they had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
To be fair, they had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside.

Correct but don't let such facts stand in the way of a piss poor conspiracy theory.

Anyone who watched both matches would have seen that Ukraine gave everything. It just so happened that a very gifted set of individuals actually played like a team for once in the second leg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here