Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No one's chosen 'Santa's Super Sleigh' from About A Boy?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
East 17 were generally shite but who knew, who knew, Tony Mortimer could have it in within him to write such a superb song. I didn't see it. It came from the leftside, totally.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Darlene Love performs 'Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) every year on the Letterman show. It's been covered across the musical genres from Joey Ramone to Mariah Carey, U2 to Lady Antebellum, REM to Michael Buble.

A great song that initially flopped as it never got the publicity that it deserved since it was released on 22nd November 1963, the very same day JFK was assasinated. It features on A Christmas Gift for You from Philles Records (Phil Spector).

It's one of those songs that sounds so much better the more that's added to it - strings, brass, choir (and a lot of American kitsch on Letterman). But at the heart of it, the lyrics aren't so far away from those of East 17's 'Stay Another Day' - poignant, longing and full of emotion. I bought a copy of S.A.D. when it came out and loved it as it really is a great Christmas song, but this tops it for me.

This is from the 2009 Christmas show, IMHO the best show. See what you think. Merry Christmas!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here