Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leo's replacement!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Fairly sure we will by the end of August. Otherwise, we'll only have 2 strikers and Shamir (who may well make the step up).

I think we'd be pushing our luck to expect Fenelon to make the step up this season, surely he needs more than a few games at Tonbridge and Torquay?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Hang on, I thought last year was a 'transitional' season too?

No, that was the pre-season for the transitional season. Still some evolving to do before we crawl out of the primordial swamp that is the Championship onto the Premier League landscape littered with predators, wannabe predators and Palace :lolol:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Bridcutts money has gone.

That was in last year, and has therefore assisted in meeting FFP for last year.
But we didn't meet ffp did we? And surely it was all down to Barber being a god and not the money from bridcutt if we did meet ffp requirements?

Have to say it's hard work keeping up with the nsc fads on who's great these days but i think barbers stock is up. ...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have feeling were not done chasing sam baldock.
Same here. First bid was to test the water. Might even put in another bid for Clayton also.

But we didn't meet ffp did we? And surely it was all down to Barber being a god and not the money from bridcutt if we did meet ffp requirements?

Have to say it's hard work keeping up with the nsc fads on who's great these days but i think barbers stock is up. ...

Who knows atm? Last year's company accounts don't have to be lodged with Companies House until the end of March 2015 and those required by the Football League for FFP assessment (they're different) are due with the League in December 2014.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Who knows atm? Last year's company accounts don't have to be lodged with Companies House until the end of March 2015 and those required by the Football League for FFP assessment (they're different) are due with the League in December 2014.

ahhhh true enough. I was taking the last year bit to mean the results given last year, which obviously wasn't what was meant. I'm sure we'll have met ffp requirements when results are issued this year but who knows how much of that is due to Paul Barber and how much is due to an unwanted sale of a key player. A bit of both I'd imagine.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
ahhhh true enough. I was taking the last year bit to mean the results given last year, which obviously wasn't what was meant. I'm sure we'll have met ffp requirements when results are issued this year but who knows how much of that is due to Paul Barber and how much is due to an unwanted sale of a key player. A bit of both I'd imagine.

Financial Fair Play limits were met for the last two years and will be met this year.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Last years results have not been released yet.

The Club were expecting to meet the target (£8m loss?, £6m loss?) before the Bridcutt windfall that wasn't spent.

EDIT: Sorry, replied to your post, didn't look further down to see that it had already been answered.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We need four strikers.Perhaps Goodwin could be the 4th.It would save a fortune in wages.

Fenlon / Goodwin will be the fourth striker, and well deserved I'd say on preseason so far

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Give me an 'F'! Give me another 'F'! Give me a 'P'!

What's that spell?

It spells 'not really paying attention'. :wave:
We should actually have a shed load of money available.

If (that's a big if) we were on course to meet FFP with Ulloa in the side, then since selling him we should have about £7.1m spare* + whatever his wages were.
And if we did spend a huge amount on players, that amount wouldn't all go against FFP in the first year anyway (the following years would be a problem though).

* FFP calculation for Ulloa sale:
Purchase price of £2m, written off over 4.5 years, = £0.44m each year.
So we'd already written off £0.67m.
So selling for £8m, less purchase price not yet written off = £6.67m
And - we were also planning to write off another £0.44m this year, which will now be available for other players - bringing the total available, due to his sale, to £7.1m + his wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here