Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leo's replacement!

SAC

May 21, 2014
It would be interesting to know how much of an £8 million player sale actually goes to the club. I assume there is no tax payable on the profit between what was paid and received for him? I believe a player takes a cut if they have not handed in a transfer request, would his agent take a cut too?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I certainly expect us to splash some cash on a striker, but don't expect a direct replacement...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
We won't sign a replacement, imo. I think if we do it'll be in January, this is going to be a real transitional season, not like last years pretend one.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We won't sign a replacement, imo. I think if we do it'll be in January, this is going to be a real transitional season, not like last years pretend one.

Fairly sure we will by the end of August. Otherwise, we'll only have 2 strikers and Shamir (who may well make the step up).

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Whose to say though that they may not find another player like Ulloa from abroad for a similar figure when we signed him? I suspect the club have looked at numerous options, and although leaving it late and knowing the Albion it wouldn't completely surprise me if an unknown striker came from abroad - maybe from Finland or Germany.

Now that we have reportedly banked £8m upfront I think the club have to at least spend half of this on one or two solid signings. How much would Vaz Te cost?

In saying that I hear that Leicester have had 2 bids for Troy Deeney turned down - now up to £7.5m - seems that with their Premiership windfall they're willing to spend. Never thought I'd see players being sold from the Championship for upwards of £10m. First it was Rhodes, then McCormack, now Ulloa - football really has gone mad.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Possibly and I do hope so. But to be honest I'm more concerned about our back five at the moment. We need another GK, LB and CB in my opinion.

As well as a quality forward and a winger.. it's going to be expensive! :S

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Possibly and I do hope so. But to be honest I'm more concerned about our back five at the moment. We need another GK, LB and CB in my opinion.

As well as a quality forward and a winger.. it's going to be expensive! :S

I have a feeling we won't strengthen any further our defence with another CB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here