Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leonardo Ulloa

Dec 29, 2011
Sorry do you not want us to sign him then?

maybe you have lost your job or maybe your partner has left you but whatever it is that is causing you so much angst that all you can do is butterfly from one subject to the next slagging the club and knocking everything that they do, I hope it gets sorted for you. Otherwisemaybe you should think about supporting another team if it would leave you happier?

Ha, calm down fellas. It's a bit of a football-cliché joke (such as when people say, Barca are good, but could they win on a cold, wet Tuesday night at Stoke). It also inspires genius replies like the one below which I laughed at a lot:

Are you talking about football or were you thinking of inviting him up to the potteries for something a little more risque?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Ha, calm down fellas. It's a bit of a football-cliché joke (such as when people say, Barca are good, but could they win on a cold, wet Tuesday night at Stoke). It also inspires genius replies like the one below which I laughed at a lot:

I would prefer you to answer the question, so when you are next in such an hilarious mood, we can look back and point how right or wrong you were about this guy. It will be so exciting for you I am sure on a wet evening in feb.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can he do it on a cold, wet Tuesday night in Stoke?

maybe you have lost your job or maybe your partner has left you but whatever it is that is causing you so much angst that all you can do is butterfly from one subject to the next slagging the club and knocking everything that they do, I hope it gets sorted for you. Otherwisemaybe you should think about supporting another team if it would leave you happier?

Dec 29, 2011
I would prefer you to answer the question, so when you are next in such an hilarious mood, we can look back and point how right or wrong you were about this guy. It will be so exciting for you I am sure on a wet evening in feb.

Oh yeah, of course I'd like to sign this guy, but on the condition he stops Mackail-Smith getting in the team :thumbsup:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Shall we wait to find that out when we are in a position to play Stoke on a Tuesday night, by which time he could be accustomed to our weather and conditions.

I've seen us play Stoke away on a wet Tuesday night on a few occasions and, in my experience, very few of the team turn up !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

every post you make lately seems to be having a dig..... shame

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He still needs sign 1st before any of the above arguments hold any water. Lets hope his passport issue gets sorted before the 31-jan

Dec 29, 2011
every post you make lately seems to be having a dig..... shame

What can I say.. I'm a prick. I have nothing better to do than that sit on NSC all day slagging off a team which I actually like just so people give me attention. Some people talk to cold-callers for friends, I have to make do with people that wish I would piss off :shootself:

For the record, here are my real opinions (again, attention seeking, who really cares what I think);
  1. CMS is a decent striker - maybe in the wrong team or set up, but has qualities not a lot of other Championship strikers have.
  2. Gus is a good manager, I'm firmly IN when it comes to Gus as manager, and it'd take a lot of shit for me to change. Three years ago Brighton were at the wrong end of League 1, we're now a solid Championship side, this can't be done by a shit manager.
  3. Ulloa would be a CRACKING signining, just the type of player we need, and according to pundits of good pedigree, another gem found by Gus.

Maybe I could join BigBelly by becoming positive, but if I did that nobody would talk to me. If you see me being negative, just remember this post and ignore me (or maybe spare a though for my sad life).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
What can I say.. I'm a prick. I have nothing better to do than that sit on NSC all day slagging off a team which I actually like just so people give me attention. Some people talk to cold-callers for friends, I have to make do with people that wish I would piss off :shootself:

For the record, here are my real opinions (again, attention seeking, who really cares what I think);
  1. CMS is a decent striker - maybe in the wrong team or set up, but has qualities not a lot of other Championship strikers have.
  2. Gus is a good manager, I'm firmly IN when it comes to Gus as manager, and it'd take a lot of shit for me to change. Three years ago Brighton were at the wrong end of League 1, we're now a solid Championship side, this can't be done by a shit manager.
  3. Ulloa would be a CRACKING signining, just the type of player we need, and according to pundits of good pedigree, another gem found by Gus.

Maybe I could join BigBelly by becoming positive, but if I did that nobody would talk to me. If you see me being negative, just remember this post and ignore me (or maybe spare a though for my sad life).

:lolol:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
its pretty funny that people are having a go at gingerbeerman for that throwaway comment given its a pretty stupid joke made towards any foreign signing for any team. I mean it was a throwaway joke. Jeez.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Andy Gray stated his belief that the Argentine would "struggle in a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium"
Referring To Lionel Messi a few years ago.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Shall we wait to find that out when we are in a position to play Stoke on a Tuesday night, by which time he could be accustomed to our weather and conditions.

I think he's using Stoke as an example BGD. Meaning that this could be a gamble,but, as i said before - a gamble worth taking i reckon! It bodes well that he's lived as a foreigner in Spain the past few years i suppose, so just the language and the weather to adapt to.

Just the fact that he's nicknamed the 'Cyclone' is enough to get my juices flowing! Get him in i say!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Has he signed yet I wanna sing his song

That comes across all:

spoiled-children.jpg

:lol:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh I made it my 50th post of the day just about beat BRIGHTONMARK 1234 by 1 post phew that was close right on the stroke of midnight my last 8 posts have been a right load of bollocks though 2013 here I come :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here