Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leonardo Ulloa

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Crikey. The claims that he could be the fire power to send Mallorca into Europe are quite bold.

He scored 7 from 34 when last in la Liga, in what was a relegation season. The Brazilian lad has been scoring freely for Almeria this year and Ulloa looks unsettled (?) At the start of the season it appears his stock was much higher. I guess it's a good time to table an offer as he appears to want out. (source: Spanish media reports)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He scored 7 from 34 when last in la Liga, in what was a relegation season. The Brazilian lad has been scoring freely for Almeria this year and Ulloa looks unsettled (?) At the start of the season it appears his stock was much higher. I guess it's a good time to table an offer as he appears to want out. (source: Spanish media reports)

I think I'll poo myself with excitement if we sign this guy!!!

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I think I'll poo myself with excitement if we sign this guy!!!

tis the advantage of having Gus Poyet in charge. Gus is right, for the amount of chances created this year, a credible confident striker could have given us a few extra points. But I am firmly in the 'Gus forever' camp... !

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
He seems to be a good header of the ball, could be handy from corners and good crosses from Orlandi, Lopez, Buckley, Bridge and KLL.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He seems to be a good header of the ball, could be handy from corners and good crosses from Orlandi, Lopez, Buckley, Bridge and KLL.

.....also, from his You Tube clips he can hold the ball up very well indeed, not to mention he seems to know where the onion bag is.

Will this mean Gus playing two up top in the future? I hope so, could help bring the best out of CMS. Fingers crossed.

I'm tempted to knock one out just thinking about it...now where did i put that baby oil?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The key phrase in that Argus interview is "I'm trying to convince the chairman". I'm reading that as an issue about player wages. Gus has put his cards on the table here.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
.....also, from his You Tube clips he can hold the ball up very well indeed, not to mention he seems to know where the onion bag is.

Will this mean Gus playing two up top in the future? I hope so, could help bring the best out of CMS. Fingers crossed.

I'm tempted to knock one out just thinking about it...now where did i put that baby oil?

Could be very good. Two strikers who might play off each other.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can't wait to see the brothers Kazenga and Leonard Lua Lua playing together.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Being serious though, the more i read about this fella (mainly Spanish media so far) The more i think this could be a very astute signing indeed. The guy is obviously rated highly in Spain, i guess it all hangs on wether he can adapt to the English game/weather etc.

It's a gamble...but one worth taking imo.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Can he do it on a cold, wet Tuesday night in Stoke?

Are you talking about football or were you thinking of inviting him up to the potteries for something a little more risque?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have not read all the posts but has anybody remembered our last venture with an Argentine centre forward :

"Enter Federico Turienzo, a young, tall target man with top flight experience in Argentina. Turienzo was recommended to chairman Dick Knight by Arsenal's head of youth Liam Brady, his close friend an d former Albion manager. Brady had, in turn, been made aware of Turienzo by a former colleague at Juventus, Polish star Zibi Boniek.

McGhee signed Turienzo on the basis of video evidence from Argentina and an appearance in a pre-season friendly at Lewes.
It was, McGhee admitted at the time, a gamble, a gamble which has so far backfired. Turienzo, injured from day one, has played virtually no part in the first team."

Argus 28/04/06

The player was released May 06....I am just saying that it is a big gamble when he is not used to England and English football.

I hope he does not want the Falklands back! :wink:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I have not read all the posts but has anybody remembered our last venture with an Argentine centre forward :

Argus 28/04/06

The player was released May 06....I am just saying that it is a big gamble when he is not used to England and English football.

I hope he does not want the Falklands back! :wink:

They never had them!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can he do it on a cold, wet Tuesday night in Stoke?

maybe you have lost your job or maybe your partner has left you but whatever it is that is causing you so much angst that all you can do is butterfly from one subject to the next slagging the club and knocking everything that they do, I hope it gets sorted for you. Otherwisemaybe you should think about supporting another team if it would leave you happier?

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
Lends itself to chants like 'Oooh, Aah, Oo-jo-ah' (as in Oooh, Aah, Cantona)! At least it would make fans pronounce his flippin' name right, perhaps, if we had a chant like that.

I like this!

In the interview he comes across as pretty level-headed, and explains that he left Argentina after a spell at a club that didn't go well, and basically came to Spain under his own steam looking to try and prove himself. I think this indicates someone a lot better suited than Turienzo or Vicente to surviving in a foreign country, as he's already done it in Spain!

Spanish administration can be extremely frustrating, so we may be on tenterhooks a little while, but I'm crossing lots of fingers etc as this could be good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here