Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leonardo Ulloa

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ulloa deal hinges on passport

The Argus revealed yesterday Almeria marksman Ulloa was a target for the Seagulls in August and is again now that the January transfer window has opened.

The powerful 26-year-old has been in Spain long enough to qualify for dual nationality but unless the passport issue is resolved Albion cannot, under UK immigration legislation, get a work permit for Ulloa to play for them.

Poyet told The Argus: “It’s the main part, because we cannot do anything until he becomes European. It doesn’t matter how much you move or do or how much you want him if he doesn’t qualify to play in England.

“We don’t know how long it will take. The same thing happened in August. We are just praying that he can get the passport tomorrow and then we can move quickly and maybe have a chance to get him. If not we will have to move for somebody else and the danger is you can lose those options, so it’s a bit tricky but I hope we are going to get one (striker). We need to, we have to.

“I think we have got or three great options. It could be a week, or ten days or the 30th of January. I would like it to be Saturday (Newcastle in the FA Cup) but sometimes you don’t know. But it’s close, I think very close.”

Albion, meanwhile, have received no offers so far for star players like Craig Mackail-Smith, who scored along with Dean Hammond and Wayne Bridge in yesterday’s 3-0 win at Ipswich.

Poyet said: “People are asking me continually when somebody is going to leave. I am surprised because nobody has made an offer or approach.”

From transfermarket.co.uk

Name in native country: José Leonardo Ulloa
Date of birth: 26.07.1986
Place of birth: General Roca
Height: 1,86
Nationality: Argentina
Position: Striker - Centre Forward
Foot: right
Market value: 2.200.000 £
2.500.000 €
Player's agent: Beratung durch Familienangehörigen

He has the same birthday as me 26/07/ gonna be a star.............

Or Not !

So basically, we want him, so therefore we won't sign anyone?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
lol Not even in the country yet and fans on here are slagging him off
slap_zps7f12c480.gif

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My girlfriend, a Spaniard i'll have you know (unbiblically), says you can basically buy a property for 160k euros in Spain and they'll reward you with citizenship if you want it. Surely we could lend him that amount and make him go more Spanish for a brief while.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ulloa deal hinges on passport

The Argus revealed yesterday Almeria marksman Ulloa was a target for the Seagulls in August and is again now that the January transfer window has opened.

The powerful 26-year-old has been in Spain long enough to qualify for dual nationality but unless the passport issue is resolved Albion cannot, under UK immigration legislation, get a work permit for Ulloa to play for them.

Poyet told The Argus: “It’s the main part, because we cannot do anything until he becomes European. It doesn’t matter how much you move or do or how much you want him if he doesn’t qualify to play in England.

“We don’t know how long it will take. The same thing happened in August. We are just praying that he can get the passport tomorrow and then we can move quickly and maybe have a chance to get him. If not we will have to move for somebody else and the danger is you can lose those options, so it’s a bit tricky but I hope we are going to get one (striker). We need to, we have to.

“I think we have got or three great options. It could be a week, or ten days or the 30th of January. I would like it to be Saturday (Newcastle in the FA Cup) but sometimes you don’t know. But it’s close, I think very close.”

Albion, meanwhile, have received no offers so far for star players like Craig Mackail-Smith, who scored along with Dean Hammond and Wayne Bridge in yesterday’s 3-0 win at Ipswich.

Poyet said: “People are asking me continually when somebody is going to leave. I am surprised because nobody has made an offer or approach.”

From transfermarket.co.uk

Name in native country: José Leonardo Ulloa
Date of birth: 26.07.1986
Place of birth: General Roca
Height: 1,86
Nationality: Argentina
Position: Striker - Centre Forward
Foot: right
Market value: 2.200.000 £
2.500.000 €
Player's agent: Beratung durch Familienangehörigen

He has the same birthday as me 26/07/ gonna be a star.............

Or Not !

Sounds like an 'all eggs in one basket' type scenario, which risks leaving us with nothing.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
You are talking crap.

Elche
Girona
Alcorcón
Almería
Villarreal
Ponferradina
Las Palmas
Barcelona II
Sabadell
Recreativo Huelva
Córdoba
Lugo
Numancia
Sporting Gijón
Real Murcia
Real Madrid II
Xerez
Guadalajara
Mirandés
Huesca
Racing Santander
Hércules

Out of those teams, how many have been in La Liga in the last 20 years or ever in that case? I see two B teams, ans about 4/5 others I recognise (I don't do FM).
If you compare the strengths, history, attendances, achievements, finance of La liga B and the Championship there is no comparison.

My argument is simple. Stop buying mediocre players that will probably make little difference to the overall team who would probably be dumped if we ever got promoted anyway, and save the pennies to buy players who would make an impact now and could progress in any future PL campaign.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
My girlfriend, a Spaniard i'll have you know (unbiblically), says you can basically buy a property for 160k euros in Spain and they'll reward you with citizenship if you want it. Surely we could lend him that amount and make him go more Spanish for a brief while.

If you're European, I believe. He isn't.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If it was the same problem in August, then why didn't we do the deal then so he'd have the passport ready for January 1st, instead of leaving it until now and risking the same thing happening again?

Good grief, our club can be embarrassing at times.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Out of those teams, how many have been in La Liga in the last 20 years or ever in that case? I see two B teams, ans about 4/5 others I recognise (I don't do FM).
If you compare the strengths, history, attendances, achievements, finance of La liga B and the Championship there is no comparison.

My argument is simple. Stop buying mediocre players that will probably make little difference to the overall team who would probably be dumped if we ever got promoted anyway, and save the pennies to buy players who would make an impact now and could progress in any future PL campaign.

Stop writing off a player you haven't even seen play, his goalscoring record over the last few years is decent. Also a cheaper alternative to over priced British players over here.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If it was the same problem in August, then why didn't we do the deal then so he'd have the passport ready for January 1st, instead of leaving it until now and risking the same thing happening again?

Why do you think we have clearly made a move before the start of the transfer window ? Though having said that this should of been the first thing checked out when our offer was accepted and maybe have a couple of back ups. If you sign foreign players, get the passport issues sorted first, its common sense !!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Why do you think we have clearly made a move before the start of the transfer window ? Though having said that this should of been the first thing checked out when our offer was accepted and maybe have a couple of back ups. If you sign foreign players, get the passport issues sorted first, its common sense !!

"The same thing happened in August."

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

On one of your lunchbreak moan-offs? Make sure you finish your jacket spud first, or the butter flying from your mouth in every vitriolic bite might over-grease your keyboard. That could be embarrassing also when you have spotty fingertips and shake hands with another member of the grumble club and it bursts and splats acne juice on both your cuffs.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
On one of your lunchbreak moan-offs? Make sure you finish your jacket spud first, or the butter flying from your mouth in every vitriolic bite might over-grease your keyboard. That could be embarrassing also when you have spotty fingertips and shake hands with another member of the grumble club and it bursts and splats acne juice on both your cuffs.

Give the poor guy a break, WW clearly has the interests of the club and supporters at heart.
It wouldn't be too much to ask that the club has partially filled in applications for all non EU players around the cosmos just in case.
We should have one for Messi ready at all times.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Give the poor guy a break, WW clearly has the interests of the club and supporters at heart.
It wouldn't be too much to ask that the club has partially filled in applications for all non EU players around the cosmos just in case.
We should have one for Messi ready at all times.

If we signed Messi WW would probably moan he isn't the holdup man we need. He is the most tedious parody of himself, only made worse by the fact he clearly is a genuine Albion fan and is obviously a bright bloke, unlike some of the other misers on here. If he was a JCL simpleton it wouldn't matter so much that he's such a depressive twat. Unfortunately we're stuck with him. I for one can't wait until we go on a winning run so he pipes down and crawls the f*** back under his rock.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

i have a vision of you complaining whilst getting a head job and prostate massage off pamela anderson...........your negativity is quite outstanding old boy...:wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here