Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
Leon has been playing well for 3 months but gets called a lazy diving little shit

It amazed me yesterday when people still insisted on moaning when Knight didn't run for EVERY ball or chase EVERYTHING down.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I believe it when the ink's dry but if true it's good news. I think leon is at his level inthe Championship... he'd be another Eranshaw in the Premiership so it makes sense to re-sign for us for now... is there a minimum release or relegation release clause I wonder??

Hwoever, if we can deal with Knighty.. why can't we deal with Mark... he says he wants the contract so why don't we give him it? If it was a choice between leon and mark I'd take the big man any day!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good news, but probably more to do with

(1) Lack of interest from other clubs to date

(2) Leon having a tasty release clause that allows him to speak to any interested parties should they materialise and

(3) Ensuring we get a decent fee when he does leave.

None of which is a problem for me, personally speaking. Everyone's a winner.

I was amazed that Leon got up yesterday after that challenge from Paul Mayo. For once, it was a genuinely nasty tackle, and Leon had every right to stay down, yet he got up and walked away uncomplaining. Good job, Leon.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
edna krabappel said:
I was amazed that Leon got up yesterday after that challenge from Paul Mayo. For once, it was a genuinely nasty tackle, and Leon had every right to stay down, yet he got up and walked away uncomplaining. Good job, Leon.

Was it the one in front of the dugouts?

The carthorse actually seemed to kick Leon higher in the air than the top of the dugouts/bus shelters and yet I swear I heard someone near me mutter something like "that's the trouble with him, referees have got his number" etc. Unbelievable, as if that means he deserves no protection from useless officials when being assaulted on the pitch.

Some fans don't deserve to be watching quality players like him.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I have to admit, I have been one of the people disappointed with young Leon this season!!

BUT Im ecstatic at this news, I know he has got it in him when he wants to !!!

Well done Leon and MM!!

:clap:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Lets not start sucking each other's dicks yet. There's no ink drying on the contract yet

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
I think its time we gave Leon the benefit of the doubt a bit more. Sure he gets upset when he get subbed (which in my opinion show he cares), and he is known to dive on occasions (like many many other strikers), but he seems to have got himself together now. I reckon he'll kick on from here and score 10-15 goals this season which should keep us up.

That's funny this news in the Argus, could have swore that Leon and McGhee hated each other and Leon was going to clear out of here first chance he got :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Meanwhile, back in the real world, congratulations go: firstly to the club for improving their contract to Leon and thereby demonstrating we will do all we can to retain our best players; secondly to Mark McGhee for constantly challenging Leon to become a better player in a way that has not alienated him; and finally, to Leon Knight himself for having the maturity to admit that he has not had "the best of seasons" while rolling up his sleeves, working his arse off and ensuring that his luck in front of goal might now be finally changing.

Leon Knight - first goalscorer at the Falmer stadium :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here