Leon Knight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
is, according to today's Argus, going to sign a new contract following the return of his agent from New York tomorrow. He is quoted as saying: "There is no point in me going to another club to prove myself again. I've not had the best of seasons but hopefully me and the team can kick on."

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
:clap2: :clap2:

Well done MM & DK

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Leon - the legend continues. Fantastic stuff. :clap2: :clap2:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Story is true ... Knight does want to sign ... he has seen the offer and he seems "broadly" happy with the deal, despite being unhappy at not being a first team regular starter at present.

Just need his agent to dot a few i's and cross a few t's and we'll have him for another two or three years (don't know what duration they are discussing)

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Fran Hagarty said:
is, according to today's Argus, going to sign a new contract following the return of his agent from New York tomorrow. He is quoted as saying: "There is no point in me going to another club to prove myself again. I've not had the best of seasons but hopefully me and the team can kick on."

Marvellous news to start the new year - stability and continuity are generally a good thing !

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Are you sure it's not "F**K IT, my agent couldn't talk any bigger clubs into a sniff round, and a nice signing-on fee!"

Leon can play, of that there is no doubt. Pity a few of this seasons ref's think he's still diving all the time though!!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If we can afford an enhanced contract for Knight and could have afforded (according to the story) a greatly enhanced contract for Cullip why can't we find money for McGhee's new contract? IMO, of any signing we make from now to the end of the season this is the most important.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems Leon can't win with some people. He has had his problems and tantrums but he's now trying,playing well and accepting not being 1st choice and has cut down on the diving. He also says he wants to sign a new contract. What else does he have to do?

If he signs and the hits form at least we will get a decent fee for him if a richer team (who isn't) wants to sign him.

Love to see him stay along with McGhee :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports