leon jeanne

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

number9

Jun 8, 2011
As for how Leon is currently shaping up he is working very hard on his fitness. It is not a surprise that he is nowhere near the level of fitness of the other players at this point but he is hoping that within 6 weeks he will be a lot closer than he is now. When the balls have come out Leon has shown flashes of his skill and im told he has not looked out of place at all. However, this is still a massive ask and it all depends on whether Brighton will be patient and help Leon get fully fit. It will certainly take time and it is hoped that Gus and his staff will see the potential that Leon still has and will persevere with him. Whatever happens at Brighton I believe that he will definitely be back in the football league next year. He is very grateful for the opportunity at Brighton and is loving every minute of it. He says there is a great group of boys and he is enjoying their company.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
As for how Leon is currently shaping up he is working very hard on his fitness. It is not a surprise that he is nowhere near the level of fitness of the other players at this point but he is hoping that within 6 weeks he will be a lot closer than he is now. When the balls have come out Leon has shown flashes of his skill and im told he has not looked out of place at all. However, this is still a massive ask and it all depends on whether Brighton will be patient and help Leon get fully fit. It will certainly take time and it is hoped that Gus and his staff will see the potential that Leon still has and will persevere with him. Whatever happens at Brighton I believe that he will definitely be back in the football league next year. He is very grateful for the opportunity at Brighton and is loving every minute of it. He says there is a great group of boys and he is enjoying their company.

The good thing is that fitness will come given motivation and the right techniques. So if he can still mix it technically at our level, that should be a huge boost for him..

number9

Jun 8, 2011
anyone can get fit but not everyone has the talent so it is hoped that he can show enough to Gus to justify being kept on for longer so that he can get fit. I would estimate that in order to be championship fit he would need to lose another 1.5 stone. He has lost 4 stone already so he is certainly heading in the right direction. One positive is that whilst he is struggling with the long distance running he is looking very quick over short distances so he ahsnt lost his pace

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Firstly, my friend will be writing the book

You keep ignoring my posts - I wonder why...

So, you register on NSC with an email address that is for an author who has previously authored 2 football books. That same person counts Leon Jeanne amongst their Facebook friends.

The same person has been tweeting about being with Leanne in Brighton.

Yet you claim it is "your friend" who is writing the book. Really?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
He's at the right club if he has fitness issues. Last season Matt Miller worked wonders with Sandaza & Wood, Both looked out of shape when the joined us. Not to mention the transformation in Murray who in my eyes always looked a bit out of shape before. Obviously it was injury related but 'stretch' seems to really get the best out of the players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You keep ignoring my posts - I wonder why...

So, you register on NSC with an email address that is for an author who has previously authored 2 football books. That same person counts Leon Jeanne amongst their Facebook friends.

The same person has been tweeting about being with Leanne in Brighton.

Yet you claim it is "your friend" who is writing the book. Really?

Its a weird and pointless deception, isn't it?

This is a great story, and we're all willing the lad to do well. If it has a happy ending then the book will be worth reading. The fact that the author is here giving us some insight into the background is adding to people's interest.

If he lies about who he is though, it will cast doubt in peoples' minds over the angles he presents in his book.

number9

Jun 8, 2011
who I am has no real relevance to this story. Leon had a lot of potential, he blew it, 8 years on he is getting a second chance and i am keeping you updated as best I can. There are reasons for keeping my identity guarded for now but all will be revealed in due course. I enjoy coming on this board, there are some good people on here, but i can assure you that if i feel these updates are doing more harm than good then I will stop immediately.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
who I am has no real relevance to this story. Leon had a lot of potential, he blew it, 8 years on he is getting a second chance and i am keeping you updated as best I can. There are reasons for keeping my identity guarded for now but all will be revealed in due course. I enjoy coming on this board, there are some good people on here, but i can assure you that if i feel these updates are doing more harm than good then I will stop immediately.

The updates are interesting, and are welcome. They are certainly not harming Leon in any way. His fate is entirely in his and Gus' hands.

People won't accept you at your word, if you decieve them though.

number9

Jun 8, 2011
I don't want to deceive anyone but there are reasons for keeping my identity to myself for now. As long as people enjoy the updates, and they are not detrimental, then im happy to continue but for now my identity has little relevance to the story. Everything I have said on the subject so far has been proven to be true!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder if No9 is associated with Cardiff and in fact it was he who wanted or offered Leon the chance to try again there this summer. Not that it really matters but I am sure many people have now become very intrigued to see how this pans out eventually.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Let the many have his privacy if he wants it! It makes no difference to me who he is, I enjoy his updates.

Personally, I don't think Admin's should be abusing their privileges to reveal his identity when he wants to remain anonymous.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Its a weird and pointless deception, isn't it?

This is a great story, and we're all willing the lad to do well. If it has a happy ending then the book will be worth reading. The fact that the author is here giving us some insight into the background is adding to people's interest.

Indeed

James Leighton
Google
:)

Doing an admirable job IMO

number9

Jun 8, 2011
I understand why people want to know who I am but please for now let me continue to be anonymous.

Leon is mixing very well. The Brighton players have made him very welcome and as they are aware of his situation they are really encouraging him. You're lucky to have such a great group! Cardiff was full of big time charlies last year and it played a part in our downfall! I think you'll do well this season!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Let the many have his privacy if he wants it! It makes no difference to me who he is, I enjoy his updates.

Personally, I don't think Admin's should be abusing their privileges to reveal his identity when he wants to remain anonymous.

Totally agree. It would be a wonderful come-back story if it all works out, so a lot of us are really hopeful that it does, for us and for Leon.

I just hope that this thread doesn't deteriorate into a personal slug-fest between a couple of members on here like so many other threads have.

Please keep the updates coming, No9. Some of us really do appreciate it.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
sign him up i say. he might be useful at the club's christmas do, you know for those moments when somebody with connections comes in handy.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
As for who recommened that Leon spend pre season with Cardiff City, it was Roger Gibbins, who after playing in a recent charity game with Leon was so impressed that he told Leon he would speak to the club to try and sort something out!

:lol::lol::lol:

Comedy gold!

Earlier in the thread, you said (and I quote):

"He (LJ) was actually asked over the weekend if he would like to spend the summer with Cardiff but declined the opportunity."

Now you tell us that nothing of the sort happened. Instead, former player Roger Gibbins told Leon he would speak to someone at the club and try to sort something out. Not quite the same, is it?

As it happens, Roger's a mate of mine. He lives a couple of streets away, works for the PFA and also works for CCFC's commercial department on match days. He has no involvement in the club's coaching set-up whatsoever. So, in a nutshell, your claim that Leon Jeanne declined an opportunity to spend the summer with Cardiff is utter nonsense.

Last edited:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I don't want to deceive anyone but there are reasons for keeping my identity to myself for now. As long as people enjoy the updates, and they are not detrimental, then im happy to continue but for now my identity has little relevance to the story. Everything I have said on the subject so far has been proven to be true!

Are you Robbie Keane or Diego Forlan ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports