Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon jeanne

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Afternoon chaps, unfortunately, as you have heard, Leon's time with you is now over. The club are close to 2 new signings, and with Leon battling to be fully fit, it was going to be a big ask for him to break into the team. After discussing the situation with the manager it was decided that at 30 years of age, and having not played for 8 years, he needed to be somewhere where he would be playing, and starting regularly. On the plus side Gus was very complimentary about Leon's talent and has offered to speak to a few clubs in order to secure Leon a trial. At this moment in time Bristol Rovers, Swindon and Plymouth are all interested so hopefully Leon will review the situation and link up with one of them this week. Leon's goal has always been to make a football league return, playing in the championship would have been a dream come true, but it was always a big ask. After two weeks of top quality coaching and training he is much fitter and im sure that getting a contract in League Two is within his reach. At times Leon looked fantastic in practice matches and has definitely proven that he still has something to offer in the professional game. Good luck for the rest of the season, you have a top class manager and a superb squad of players. Mackail Smith was looking unbelievably sharp in shooting practice so im sure he will be a good signing. Looking forward to your visit to Cardiff on August 17th, should be a cracking game! Thanks to all of you for your interest in Leon's story, hopefully we will soon have a happy ending!

Best of luck to him! Really hope he sorts himself out with another club and has a great season. Sorry it didn't work out with us but hopefully things will work out so that it is our loss rather than his!

As for 2 players coming in? Any ideas? If you did, you'd probably be sworn to secrecy but does one (or both) possibly rhyme with MuaMua or Mansbury??

number9

Jun 8, 2011
cheers guys, thanks for all of the support and kind words. To be honest i dont have a clue who the players are but im led to believe that at least one of them is a winger. Youre really going for it this summer and think you have the makings of an exciting team. Buckley and Hoskins look great in training and Mackail Smith's finishing was out of this world. Gus is also a top notch manager, and a person. He has always been 100% honest with Leon and rather than keep him hanging on, he knew that Leon had some other options where he would have more of a chance of playing regularly. At this moment in time I think he will end up at either Bristol or Swindon and he knows what parts of his game he really needs to work on to make it. The talent on the ball is not in question but after so long out of the game he needs to focus on what he now does off the ball.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Don't let him lose motivation whatever you do and keep us in touch with how he is getting on. Hopefully one or two of the clubs you mention will offer a trial and fingers crossed one of them works for him.

Looking forward to buying the book :D

Totally agree ^^^ hope he doesn't take this knock back too badly and continues his progress on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good luck Leon, and thank you Number 9 for the updates...

number9

Jun 8, 2011
if there are any developments ill keep you all updated. Ive really enjoyed my time on this board, and BHAFC are now my second team so ill definitely keep visiting. I cant stress enough how lucky you are to have such a great manager and players. Last season Cardiff fell apart because of the poor attitude of some of the players, and the negative and dour approach of the manager. Being with your players for the last 2 weeks has been a breath of fresh air. All are very polite and friendly and there are NO big time charlies, everyone works very hard! Your manager is always bubbly and friendly and insists on football being played in the right way! I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with Roland Bergkamp, what a top guy! He is only young, and it is his first time living abroad so i hope all the fans makes him feel welcome so he can settle in quickly and hopefully emulate his uncle!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good luck Leon , I'm sure a League 2 club will sign him now because they'll know he had a 2 week trial here with Gus motivating him.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
if there are any developments ill keep you all updated. Ive really enjoyed my time on this board, and BHAFC are now my second team so ill definitely keep visiting. I cant stress enough how lucky you are to have such a great manager and players. Last season Cardiff fell apart because of the poor attitude of some of the players, and the negative and dour approach of the manager. Being with your players for the last 2 weeks has been a breath of fresh air. All are very polite and friendly and there are NO big time charlies, everyone works very hard! Your manager is always bubbly and friendly and insists on football being played in the right way! I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with Roland Bergkamp, what a top guy! He is only young, and it is his first time living abroad so i hope all the fans makes him feel welcome so he can settle in quickly and hopefully emulate his uncle!

Thanks for the posts they have been very interesting and its nice to hear what you've had to say about BHA. Good luck with your books and good luck to Leon. Hard work and the right mental attitude will get him to where he wants to be not, everyone talking about his talent which i would imagine was just as much a weight round his neck as some of the other issues that have been mentioned. He can only grow professionally and personally from his experience at BHA and must be in a better place physically and mentally.

Last edited:

number9

Jun 8, 2011
Thanks for the posts they have been very interesting and its nice to hear what you've had to say about BHA. Good luck with your books and good luck to Leon. Hard work and the right mental attitude will get him to where he wants to be not, everyone talking about his talent which i would imagine was just as much a weight round his neck as some of the other issues that have been mentioned. He can only grow professionally and personally from his experience at BHA and must be in a better place physically and mentally.

Cheers mate, much appreciated. You're spot on with what you say. Hard work and the right mental attitude will see Leon through, its been very tough on him but he has thoroughly enjoyed his time with BHA and i think he was upset at not being able to grace your fantastic new stadium. He's in a great place physically and mentally right now so after he has dusted himself down he will be raring to go again.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
After discussing the situation with the manager it was decided that at 30 years of age, and having not played for 8 years, he needed to be somewhere where he would be playing, and starting regularly.

That'll be a first.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
is an entirely appropriate response

:lol:

Apologies if I've upset your sensibilities, but the fact of the matter is a fair percentage of the things number9 has written on this board about Leon Jeanne, and in particular about his time at Cardiff, is nonsense.

Of course, number9 has a vested interest in Jeanne, so he was bound to be somewhat economical with the truth. I don't, so I wasn't.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
:lol:

Apologies if I've upset your sensibilities, but the fact of the matter is a fair percentage of the things number9 has written on this board about Leon Jeanne, and in particular about his time at Cardiff, is nonsense.

Of course, number9 has a vested interest in Jeanne, so he was bound to be somewhat economical with the truth. I don't, so I wasn't.

Without wanting to sound like a scratched record Bluebird..................

:wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here