Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Best - What Was He THINKING? (If Anything - Which Is Doubtful)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Most probably wrong but, after all the loan players we have brought in they might talk to each other and say at brighton you don't get much of a chance. A lot of loan players we had like ledesma, leroy lita and others never really played, they tell others to be wary as you might not play. Then they all get the hump I.e best.
Just a thought

When you consider two of the first names on our team sheet are loan players that doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thought the ref was poor, I certainly booed him. Constantly allowed time wasting, inconsistent bookings.

I, too, thought the ref was crap. Not in a "he cost us the game way" either. He let Norwich players get away with kicking the ball away and time wasting without any reprimand after they scored which really slowed the game down and was to Norwich's advantage. We lost that game because we didn't take our chances and Hughton ****ed up with the subs, the ref was just a further irritant on a disappointing day.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
On the topic of the players happiness here. JFC didn't even get off the bench to warm up yesterday at all. Anything to read into there?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Most probably wrong but, after all the loan players we have brought in they might talk to each other and say at brighton you don't get much of a chance. A lot of loan players we had like ledesma, leroy lita and others never really played, they tell others to be wary as you might not play. Then they all get the hump I.e best.
Just a thought
Halford, Bennett, Tex, Gardner

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We do find some s**t loan players, don't we? Who is making these crap decisions?
Yep way to many loans of late and this needs to stop...what's worse is how shite they're and best for ffs is on 35k a week and we are likely to be paying half that.This is also a hughton loan which is worrying as best has no motivation or interest:nono:

The younger loans are working :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He must have already earned enough to retire comfortably. Does he have the motivation to win another professional contract?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I recorded a bbc show about stock traders a few months back, have only just watched it.

Look who turns up, from about 41 minutes

http://youtu.be/_ZgV0fWGWmM

Nice flat, no wonder why players some lose interest and end their careers as journeymen.

best1.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep way to many loans of late and this needs to stop...what's worse is how shite they're and best for ffs is on 35k a week and we are likely to be paying half that.This is also a hughton loan which is worrying as best has no motivation or interest:nono:

The younger loans are working :)

Hopefully, come the summer, that will change. Hopefully.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Not talking about his wearing of gloves on possibly the only day of the year the temperature scraped into double figures.

Talking about the incident about five minutes from the end, the Albion have got possession, mounting an attack for a much-needed equaliser, out by the Norwich corner about parallel with the eighteen yard line. Bloke's only been on the pitch five minutes. Does he make a run into the penalty area? Make some promising movement off the ball? Nope, he's got his back completely to play, bitching at the linesman for some real or imagined handbags a couple of seconds earlier.

Totaltwat.

I said exactly the same thing to friends around me. Couldn't believe how unprofessional he was. We had a live chance to put pressure on the defence in their area and he turns around to start bitching at the linesman.

We have certainly picked em this season.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Not talking about his wearing of gloves on possibly the only day of the year the temperature scraped into double figures.

Talking about the incident about five minutes from the end, the Albion have got possession, mounting an attack for a much-needed equaliser, out by the Norwich corner about parallel with the eighteen yard line. Bloke's only been on the pitch five minutes. Does he make a run into the penalty area? Make some promising movement off the ball? Nope, he's got his back completely to play, bitching at the linesman for some real or imagined handbags a couple of seconds earlier.

Totaltwat.

he also had his back to the play when we had a throw in in our own half with minutes to go, I thought he was very poor in his short space of time.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I'd rather play with 10 men than suffer having to watch that waste of skin Best again. Come to think of it, as much as I love a tryer and have spent the last 3 years wishing a miracle might befall CMS and he suddenly develops even a mediocre first touch I would rather play with 9 men than see either of those two drag their arses off the bench.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'd rather play with 10 men than suffer having to watch that waste of skin Best again. Come to think of it, as much as I love a tryer and have spent the last 3 years wishing a miracle might befall CMS and he suddenly develops even a mediocre first touch I would rather play with 9 men than see either of those two drag their arses off the bench.
Hard to disagree. Best is shocking and CMS could miss control a stationery football.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm not sure I've ever shouted as much abuse at an Albion player as I did at Best yesterday, when the lazy great lump couldn't even be bothered to chase the ball down.

I'm not proud of myself and this confession on here is meant to be cathartic. Not sure if it will be - not if he plays on Monday and I get the urge to yell abuse again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here