Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Best - What Was He THINKING? (If Anything - Which Is Doubtful)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Pretty much what those around me in WSU were saying. Just didn't look bothered. Someone said he thought OG looked better on his own than Best/CMS together. Have to agree

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Losing 1-0 and chasing a draw, we bring on CM-S and Best to try and get an equaliser. At that point I gave up the will to live. There's more chance of a politician telling the truth than either of these hapless tw*ts scoring a goal. There is a simple reason Best is on loan and not playing regularly, and it ain't rocket science. There's also a reason that CM-S has not 'fitted in' under three managers in the Championship for Christ's sake. He's the common denominator.
Best looked totally disinterested and a pass to CM-S inside their box bounced at least 5 yards off his chest which sadly said it all.
Get rid of both ASAP please.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
We do find some s**t loan players, don't we? Who is making these crap decisions?

Really not sure if Best was anything to do with Burke, but now that Burke has gone I genuinely feel things will improve on the playing side.

Summer clear out beckons. :guns:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There can only be one reason that excuse for a footballer is playing and that is the terms of the loan dictate we have to pay a big proportion of his wages if he doesn't play in a match. I'm a bit ashamed to say when he was on the floor at millwall I was really hoping for a season ending injury.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's a mate of Nile Ranger, this is all you really need to know.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'd rather we'd put Dunk upfront and asked him to 'do a Virgo' to be honest. At least he knows where the net is and seems to give a ****. Best is a complete disgrace,

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Best has been like this away from home ever since he came. The only good thing about today is that another 20-odd thousand people saw for themselves what the travelling fans had been saying for some time - how shit he is.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
GREAT PEOPLE OF NSC

Please, from this moment forward can we agree to something in unanimous fashion?

Whenever we refer to Leon 'Best' can we pronounce his surname correctly? It is pronounced 'WORST' - its one of those funny words that look one way but sound out another.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was booed at free scoring Derby when he played for them so not quite sure why anyone expected him to give a shit in a negative lacklustre team with no pace and no creativity like the Albion.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Hughton seems to like this guy and he takes him everywhere he goes, I really do hope that after this loan spell he's finally seen what we all see every time he plays. He useless!

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I don't understand why everyone is castigating Best and not questioning the manager's judgment. It makes me wonder how intelligently he'd spend funds, should the chairman make them available.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Not talking about his wearing of gloves on possibly the only day of the year the temperature scraped into double figures.

Talking about the incident about five minutes from the end, the Albion have got possession, mounting an attack for a much-needed equaliser, out by the Norwich corner about parallel with the eighteen yard line. Bloke's only been on the pitch five minutes. Does he make a run into the penalty area? Make some promising movement off the ball? Nope, he's got his back completely to play, bitching at the linesman for some real or imagined handbags a couple of seconds earlier.

Totaltwat.

I saw this and it made me so angry and couldn't believe that he just turned his back to the team and shouted abuse at the linesman. The attacking move was close to him as well. There was another moment too where he went up for a header and clearly tried to use his elbow on a Norwich player. He was a disgrace.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pretty sure he was actually booed off at the end. Can't imagine it was for the ref or Norwich. He also seemed to swap shirts with a Norwich player. Unfortunately not during the game.

Thought the ref was poor, I certainly booed him. Constantly allowed time wasting, inconsistent bookings.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't understand why everyone is castigating Best and not questioning the manager's judgment. It makes me wonder how intelligently he'd spend funds, should the chairman make them available.

Both. Best is a complete waste of space. And a big big question mark over Hughton for 1) bringing him to the Albion, and 2) bringing him on yesterday. Why take off a forward who is playing very well (O'Grady) in order to bring on that lazy piece of crap.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Thought the ref was poor, I certainly booed him. Constantly allowed time wasting, inconsistent bookings.

Agree totally that the ref was poor - we played about 1 min or 5 stoppage time and he blew the whistle - just an example of what happened all game. The Greer booking was a booking for sure, but how did their No2 not get sent off?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I really hoped that seeing the back of David Burke our recruitment team would show an instant improvement, but Best and Ledesma have not filled me with confidence in this area. Perhaps Carayol will restore my faith in our ability to sign a decent player for once.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Most probably wrong but, after all the loan players we have brought in they might talk to each other and say at brighton you don't get much of a chance. A lot of loan players we had like ledesma, leroy lita and others never really played, they tell others to be wary as you might not play. Then they all get the hump I.e best.
Just a thought

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here