LEON Best has left Blackburn Rovers by 'mutual agreeement'.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think our strikers are the problem it is the supply from midfield.that is poor. We need a Lewis McGuggan Josh McEarchran or Elliott Bennett type to supply the front men.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
All part of CH's master plan. Get Best to play shit, have his contract paid up, give him a contract on a fraction of the absurd money he was on before. Watch him tear the Championship apart.

(Ahem)

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I like Josh McEachran too and for £600k and reasonable wages I would take him. Do I think our forwards and Best would start scoring loads as a result? No, because their movement is poor and their finishing no better. We created very little last season, but we also missed some decent openings too.

We need both. A quality playmaker plus forwards good enough to find space. Best wouldn't score consistently if he had Inesita behind him...

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
On a serious note, I know football is a bit of a merry go round, but what possible attributes could a club see in Best, considering his performances in the past couple of years

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If he manages to get himself another Championship or even league one club, he's got a very persuasive agent.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
What he needs is a club that is under a transfer embargo to snap him up, give him a cuddle and tell him he's too good for their club and they are lucky to have him...then maybe he can relax and start to enjoy his football again. Strikers are all about confidence and he's a fella who has none.
He's not a total lemon but has been sweating citric acid for far too long

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pompey and Best. A perfect match?

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
£30k a week = over £1.5 m a year before bonuses. No wonder he does'n't need to try hard.

Was looking forward to singing this on Saturday as he warmed up in front of the north west touch line:

He shoots to the left
He shoots to the right
For **** sake Leon, your shooting is shite

He heads to the left.
He heads to the right
For **** sake Leon, your heading is shite

Your just ****ing shite
Your just ****ing shite
For **** sake Leon
Your just ****ing shite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports