Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They'll all be overwhelmed with excitement right now, and quite rightly so, as there's every chance of them beating United to take the title this weekend.

Next season is going to be such an enormous anti-climax for them, isn't it? Where on earth could they go from here? They're just never going to better it.

It may seem mean-spirited to ask the question right now, but I wonder what odds you can get on Ranieri to be sacked at some stage next season? Football is so fickle at times, that even the biggest of credits don't last long for managers, and somebody who's worked miracles is frequently ditched as soon as the miracle starts to fade. Will the Thais in charge at Leicester tolerate a less successful season next time around?

(Just curious: I love Ranieri, he's been an absolute breath of fresh air in amongst some of the arrogant buffoons in charge at certain PL clubs).

On a similar theme I've been wondering if Ranieri even stays for next season.
It's impossible for him to do any better, irrespective of what happens next season, this is as good as it gets.
Why stay?

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
I also remember this one from just before Christmas in 2002. Never saw their winner because of the fog!

I'd completely forgotten about that one! I think that was the game when a squirrel ran across the pitch and everyone was shouting that Jonesy's hair had gone for a walkabout!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've just been reading the Guardian's report on Ranieri's appointment and what a disaster it was going to be - a nice order of humble pie coming the journalist's way.

What was impressive though was this comment from a reader (one Davie Gibson):

"Will he keep LCFC up? Yes.
Will he get us a top 10 finish - perhaps, though this year there will be a top 5 and below them 6 or 7 other teams battling for places - of which LCFC will be one. So, I'll settle for top 12.
His first task, however, is to secure a contract for Esteban Cambiasso, to bring in Bakary Sako to give us real pace down the right, and to find a ball-winning midfielder (hopefully Kante from Caen) to act as the anchor in front of the back three. Two out of this three would do, but all three would be a great first step."

His opinion was generally laughed at and mocked but that's some prescience. Give that man a job as a TV pundit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is it just me that still thinks Leicester wont win the league...

I've been backing Tottenham Hotspur all along. But it will be going to Leicester. And that is good news for everyone (apart from Spurs fans).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Remember the Jimmy Case deaf game at Filbert St very well. Great support there that day. But I have a confession to make. I live in Doncaster and was working in Newport at the time of this game. But left work early so I could attend the game on my way back from Newport. Got there nice and early but wasn't a soul around the ground. Didn't have mobile phone or internet access then but eventually found the reason no-one was around is the game was 1st leg and was in Brighton. What a plonker. Still went to the 2nd leg at Filbert St but that was a week or whatever later. Was worth my troubles what a game.

Genuine 'laugh out loud' moment.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
A very funny night we did them 4-1 in their souless bowl just after they were promoted, an away day I will cherish for a long time. Funny club really, hard to neither dislike or like, with almost no rivals

I loved that night. I'm still convinced that's the best ever Albion performance I've seen. My dad supports Leicester (although has an affinity just as strong for Brighton) but it made it all the better.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What was impressive though was this comment from a reader (one Davie Gibson):

"Will he keep LCFC up? Yes.
Will he get us a top 10 finish - perhaps, though this year there will be a top 5 and below them 6 or 7 other teams battling for places - of which LCFC will be one. So, I'll settle for top 12.
His first task, however, is to secure a contract for Esteban Cambiasso, to bring in Bakary Sako to give us real pace down the right, and to find a ball-winning midfielder (hopefully Kante from Caen) to act as the anchor in front of the back three. Two out of this three would do, but all three would be a great first step."

His opinion was generally laughed at and mocked but that's some prescience. Give that man a job as a TV pundit.

Brilliant. The Bakary Sako recently derided as lazy and overweight by a number of Palace fans? :clap:

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-36160621

Ash Patel, 40, had been a lifelong Liverpool fan until Leicester City were promoted to the Premier League.

The father-of-two from Leicester is now a season ticket holder at the King Power Stadium and regularly takes his sons, who were previously Chelsea fans, to the games.

"When I was younger all my friends supported the bigger teams," he told BBC Asian Network.
"I didn't think about supporting my own city because we wanted to watch the bigger players and it was all about winning matches. I never saw Leicester getting there to the top."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
And of course our last meeting, somewhat spoiling their promotion party under Oscar Garcia.

I absolutely loved this match. Driving into the city the local radio was all about the promotion party and how superior they were.
We absolutely embarrassed them and it was brilliant.

I never have liked them and am becoming increasingly sick and tired with the media love in for this very ordinary club.

Not for the first time, I find myself in the minority.
And not for the first time I couldn't care less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here