Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
They'll all be overwhelmed with excitement right now, and quite rightly so, as there's every chance of them beating United to take the title this weekend.

Next season is going to be such an enormous anti-climax for them, isn't it? Where on earth could they go from here? They're just never going to better it.

It may seem mean-spirited to ask the question right now, but I wonder what odds you can get on Ranieri to be sacked at some stage next season? Football is so fickle at times, that even the biggest of credits don't last long for managers, and somebody who's worked miracles is frequently ditched as soon as the miracle starts to fade. Will the Thais in charge at Leicester tolerate a less successful season next time around?

(Just curious: I love Ranieri, he's been an absolute breath of fresh air in amongst some of the arrogant buffoons in charge at certain PL clubs).

They have to go and win the champions league next

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could you imagine?

The thought of Wes Morgan lifting the Premier League is strange enough!

Frankly, I'm just pleased that, in a year when fate has evidently decided to pick a deeply unfancied, mediocre side with no history of top level success to spring out of nowhere and confound all the odds, it chose Leicester City and not....God, I can't even bring myself to mention their name in this context....Those People. You know who I'm talking about. Imagine the horror....

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Could you imagine?

The thought of Wes Morgan lifting the Premier League is strange enough!

Yeah honestly Leicester winning the Premier is crazy, they deserve it. They've also been fortunate that the big teams have been significantly weaker. Man utd have faded dramatically since Ferguson, Chelsea were dreadful early on, Man City were totally inconsistent, Arsenal well they just did their usual. A couple of top players and they probably could have won it. Great to see different teams involved though

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also, I presume that, even if Leicester win it this weekend or next (at home), the trophy presentation won't take place until their final match at Stamford Bridge.

At which point I confidently predict the internet will be immediately swamped with photoshopped images of John Terry in full Leicester kit, joining in the party.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Frankly, I'm just pleased that, in a year when fate has evidently decided to pick a deeply unfancied, mediocre side with no history of top level success to spring out of nowhere and confound all the odds, it chose Leicester City and not....God, I can't even bring myself to mention their name in this context....Those People. You know who I'm talking about. Imagine the horror....

Oh God, don't! A cup final is bad enough.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It could also have been Bournemouth. Imagine how smug Eddie Howe would have been then?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It could also have been Bournemouth. Imagine how smug Eddie Howe would have been then?

I'd still rather them than the tramps.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The first game against Leicester in 2013/2014 under Oscar.

What a ball from Spanish Dave and a great finish from Craig Conway, also Knockaert gets the assist for the Leicester goal!

If memory serves me correct Harry Kane played for Leicester that day...I didn't rate him :facepalm:

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
It may seem mean-spirited to ask the question right now, but I wonder what odds you can get on Ranieri to be sacked at some stage next season? Football is so fickle at times, that even the biggest of credits don't last long for managers, and somebody who's worked miracles is frequently ditched as soon as the miracle starts to fade. Will the Thais in charge at Leicester tolerate a less successful season next time around?

I've heard a few people on the radio tipping them to struggle next season, mainly to the fact that they believe Kante & Mahrez are off in the summer. I'm not sure why they'd want to leave giving the champions league football on offer but I presume other clubs will still be able to offer bigger wages.

Yeah honestly Leicester winning the Premier is crazy, they deserve it. They've also been fortunate that the big teams have been significantly weaker. Man utd have faded dramatically since Ferguson, Chelsea were dreadful early on, Man City were totally inconsistent, Arsenal well they just did their usual. A couple of top players and they probably could have won it. Great to see different teams involved though

Completely agree, It's the year that Arsenal really should've made the most of, giving the fact everyone else were having poor seasons. The League should be much stronger next season with Guardiola joining Man City and Conte heading to Chelsea, also with the general expectation that Man Utd & Liverpool will improve as well. Full credit to Leicester though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If memory serves me correct Harry Kane played for Leicester that day...I didn't rate him :facepalm:

Kane had a few loan spells around the lower leagues and Championship I think...never really tore up any trees at any of them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've heard a few people on the radio tipping them to struggle next season, mainly to the fact that they believe Kante & Mahrez are off in the summer. I'm not sure why they'd want to leave giving the champions league football on offer but I presume other clubs will still be able to offer bigger wages.

More bizarre IMHO is the confident media predictions that Harry Kane will ditch Spurs for Man United at some point. I can't really see why he would? He's a local lad, Spurs will finish considerably ahead of United, they appear to have a bright future with their crop of good young players, they'll be in the Champions League, presumably they are able to pay him the vast wages he'll warrant, and they're eighteen months or so away from having one of the finest new stadiums in Europe.

Leave that for the chaos Van Gaal is masterminding at Old Trafford? Why?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Let's hope they get nervous and cock it up.
Bunch of cheating ******

*Except Leo, obviously.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A very funny night we did them 4-1 in their souless bowl just after they were promoted, an away day I will cherish for a long time. Funny club really, hard to neither dislike or like, with almost no rivals

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Arsenal should be pulling out the stops to try to get Kante, he's exactly the sort of player that they need. Leicester can afford to play hardball though - it won't be cheap to lure any of them away. And the pull of CL football will be strong.

There's no guarantee, of course, that any of the Leicester players will do well at other clubs. It could just be that a group of players came together and did well in one particular year - never to be repeated

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Anyone got any particular memories when playing Leicester?

The 94-95 Junior McDougald league cup game. A good Goldstone night that.
The 3-2 win in the league in 2008. (Quite atrocious goalkeeping display 2nd half by their David Martin to gift it us.)
I always remember the 2-1 home defeat to them in 2006, as we missed both their goals as we arrived a couple of minutes late.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Remember the Jimmy Case deaf game at Filbert St very well. Great support there that day. But I have a confession to make. I live in Doncaster and was working in Newport at the time of this game. But left work early so I could attend the game on my way back from Newport. Got there nice and early but wasn't a soul around the ground. Didn't have mobile phone or internet access then but eventually found the reason no-one was around is the game was 1st leg and was in Brighton. What a plonker. Still went to the 2nd leg at Filbert St but that was a week or whatever later. Was worth my troubles what a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here