Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City

Would you swap Bradford getting to the playoff final though ? ???

Promotion for the Albion over a Bradford playoff final! Its not fishing but would love lcfc to win the title after all the patronizing rubbish from pundits and other clubs! Brighton in the prem? I think TB deserves it but have no great desire for it myself,it would move towards the end of football i don't care for,i understand it goes against the majority view but hey its an opinion:moo:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Im starting to believe they might do it!!

I have often said that what the point of us being promoted to a league where we have no hope of winning but Leicester have bucked that trend and given hope to clubs like us that finishing 17th is the best we can hope for

I'm starting to think that too. The one thing they have, potentially that no other side has had for decades - is no expectations of being able to win the title. That pressure Liverpool had on their shoulders when they blew up was historic and expectant. Leicester are just happy to be there. Massive couple of games coming up for them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm starting to think that too. The one thing they have, potentially that no other side has had for decades - is no expectations of being able to win the title. That pressure Liverpool had on their shoulders when they blew up was historic and expectant. Leicester are just happy to be there. Massive couple of games coming up for them.

Pressure will begin to build the longer they are up there though.

Like most, I'm willing them on big time.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If i was Wenger or Pellegrini, i'd be targetting Vardy & Mahrez when they meet, scupper 1 or both of them and they'd be lucky to make 4th, but good luck to Leicester, they've shown the big 4 that they're not nailed on every year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

But what pressure? Them finishing 2nd or even 3rd would be PHENOMENAL. They shouldn't feel any pressure whatsoever, whatever happens from here is incredible.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah I'm on board the Leicester train as well - really really hoping they can do it.

Plus that Wes Morgan seems a nice chap.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You say that, but Stoke and Liverpool at home are the sort of games they might have cracked. Not a bit of it, both dispatched and deservedly so. And now there is no real pressure on them in the next two games - in fact, I reckon they might play to win both of them rather than parking the bus. Next up at home will be Norwich - they are going to get battered I think.

I think the key to Leicester's title chances are not so much how they handle the pressure as whether they can steer clear of injuries, and not just to Vardy and Mahrez. Their centre-halves Huth and Morgan have been solid all season, and Albrighton has been so good that Hodgson should be considering him for the Euros.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wasn't Leicester the reason that a ten point deduction for going into administration was brought in? In 2003 when they wrote off all their debts, and got promotion to the Premier League, with Micky Adams in charge?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The beauty of Leicester is that not only are they an exciting team that make for great viewing but all the while they top the table they take the pressure off Spurs.

This, in turn, makes for a great title race whilst probably squeezing Man Utd out of a Champions League place again, which would be hilarious.

I thought Sunderland were unlucky against Citeh last night - Hart got them out of jail a couple of times and a draw would have been a fair result. Their defence is ordinary, Arsenal are flaky so for that reason Leicester deserve everything they're getting right now. How cool would it be for Ulloa to get the winner vs Chelsea on the last day of the season and see Ranieri celebrating a title at Stamford Bridge in front of all those Chelsea idiots?!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You say that, but Stoke and Liverpool at home are the sort of games they might have cracked. Not a bit of it, both dispatched and deservedly so. And now there is no real pressure on them in the next two games - in fact, I reckon they might play to win both of them rather than parking the bus. Next up at home will be Norwich - they are going to get battered I think.

I think the key to Leicester's title chances are not so much how they handle the pressure as whether they can steer clear of injuries, and not just to Vardy and Mahrez. Their centre-halves Huth and Morgan have been solid all season, and Albrighton has been so good that Hodgson should be considering him for the Euros.

When I've seen them Danny Drinkwater has been superb. Under rated outside of Leicester and another who should be in Roy's thinking.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When I've seen them Danny Drinkwater has been superb. Under rated outside of Leicester and another who should be in Roy's thinking.

Indeed. Scored a cracking goal against Stoke. I only stopped short of naming him because that's now over half the side playing world class football!

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
They are a widely available 5/1 and that is beginning to look like value!

Unbelievable season, clearly. What an inspiration they've been this season to around 50 clubs, who must all look at them and think "if they can do it, so can we". Apart from Norwich in the early 1990s, I don't think a provincial club has made a dent on the top 3 or 4 and a serious title challenge (without being bankrolled as Blackburn were) since Forest and Derby in the 70s.

But now there are just 14 games left and they 3 points clear (10 clear of 5th). Their next two games are Man City away and Arsenal away - their fans will be sort of cacking it, but I think if I was a Leicester player, I'd be absolutely LAPPING up these two games. They must be thinking "if we can avoid defeat in both, we have a real chance here". If they do manage that, the very worst position they will find themselves is a point clear with twelve to play, but more likely they'll be 3 points clear because the day they play Arsenal, City play Spurs so could well drop points themselves.

After Sunday 14th Feb, I reckon Leicester actually have one of the easiest run-ins, aided by Man City's eminent fixture pile-up. Look at their fixtures:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/fixtures

After the next two, it doesn't look at all bad until their last three games.

So what are your thoughts, can Leicester do it? I am beginning to think they really, really can if they can keep their first choice front players fit.

If you go on oddschecker now you can get 50/1 on them winning the league (up to £5)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you go on oddschecker now you can get 50/1 on them winning the league (up to £5)

Which company? Unless I'm missing something that has gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here