Date: Saturday 21st January 2023
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Thomas Bramall
Assistants: Derek Eaton, Steven Meredith
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
VAR: Lee Mason
Additional VAR: Adrian Holmes

TEAM NEWS

James Maddison is back in training after a knee injury and could play for the first time in 10 weeks.

Fellow midfielder Dennis Praet is also available, while Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall and Ayoze Perez will be assessed.

Brighton defender Levi Colwill is a fitness doubt because of a muscular injury, so Jan Paul van Hecke could make his first Premier League start.

Adam Webster is another option for Albion, who have sold forward Leandro Trossard to Arsenal.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Brighton won the reverse fixture 5-2 in Graham Potter's final game as their head coach. They can do the double over Leicester for the first time in the top flight since 1980-81.
  • Albion's only victory in their past 12 away matches against Leicester in all competitions was by 4-1 in the Championship in April 2014 (D5, L6). They are winless in all five Premier League visits.
Leicester
  • A fourth straight home defeat would equal their club Premier League record.
  • The Foxes could endure two separate runs of five or more consecutive league losses in a season for the first time since 1977-78, when they were relegated from the top flight.
  • They and Bournemouth are the only teams to have lost all four of their Premier League fixtures since the World Cup. Brendan Rodgers' side had won four of their previous five.
  • Leicester's tally of 17 points is their lowest at the halfway stage of a Premier League season since 2014-15, when they were a promoted club.
  • Their solitary point from 10 league matches this season against teams currently in the top half of the table came at home to Brentford on the opening weekend.
  • The Foxes have dropped a league-high 17 points from a winning position in 2022-23 and are the only side yet to earn a point after falling behind.
  • Jamie Vardy has been involved in nine goals in his last nine league appearances against Brighton, scoring six and providing three assists.
  • Harvey Barnes is one short of 200 career league appearances. He has scored 48 goals.
Albion
  • Brighton are vying to win three consecutive Premier League games for only the second time, previously doing so in October 2018.
  • Having beaten Everton 4-1 and Liverpool 3-0, the Seagulls could earn three league wins in a row by at least a three-goal margin for the first time in 54 years.
  • Roberto De Zerbi's side are on a club top-flight record run of three successive away victories. They last won four away league matches in a row in the Championship between March and April 2016.
  • Albion's average of 1.94 goals per game this season is their highest in any division since 1964-65, when they registered a figure of 2.22 goals in the fourth tier.
  • Solly March has scored four goals in his past four Premier League outings, as many as he had in his first 156 appearances in the division.
  • Pervis Estupiñan celebrates his 25th birthday on the day of this match.

Roberto De Zerbi's Leicester City Press Conference

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I can hope for victory but fear the worst. I know we are better than them but sooner or later the roller coaster is going to hit a down slope. It could be today, just when people don’t expect it. I’d love to win though, just to get one over on those smarmy condescending Leicester fans . Either way it’s “ Up the Albion “

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Could do with Maddison not featuring, they are a different team with him.

I was mildly more optimistic about getting something against Liverpool than I am vs these for some reason. Have to assume it’s ingrained from years of inconsistency!

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Love RDZ's press conferences. If we've been at 60% of our potential for these last few games it's genuinely scary what's to come if we can get close to 100%

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wasn't a trap game until we became 1970 Brazil, last week.

A regulation 1-2 has now turned into a Potteresque 1-0, which is a shame.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I will be going to a birthday dinner tonight and hope to tune in when I get home.
I might be a bit drunk and tired though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't get my head around it. Away in the Premier League to the team that finished 8th last season, and we're even money favourites.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I always think there so many unknowns in predicting the outcome of a match that it is pointless speculation.

All I expect is that our great team will turn up and make the best possible effort. Nothing more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here