Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
If AC wasnt AC his performance this night would have been seen as very promising.

What did he do that looked promising in any way?
No key passes, no goals, he stopped dead in his tracks when clean through on goal, he took a pointless pot-shot from miles out and still scuffed it and headed the ball 10ft over the bar from 6yds out.
What part of that performance shows promise to you?

SAC

May 21, 2014
why on loan? Just get shot of, get a small fee and on you trot Aaron whatever your name is.
He's just not upto it, not even championship

Although he's probably one of the lowest paid PL strikers, he is still probably on around £25k a week. I can't see any Championship or League One clubs paying a fee and matching those wages or even accepting a free and paying those wages.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No key passes, no goals, he stopped dead in his tracks when clean through on goal, he took a pointless pot-shot from miles out and still scuffed it and headed the ball 10ft over the bar from 6yds out.

"He's getting into good positions...." seems to be the mantra

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The stream i was watching the commentator seemed to have Connolly and McAlister mixed up for most the game.

Based on that Connolly did ok

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Dont agree that he has been terrible. Not particularly good either for the most part, but not terrible.

He has no ubertrait, which is one of the reasons people cant see him being a skilled player. People thought Walcott was a fantastic megatalent due to his blistering pace which was 9/10 and ignored, until it was no longer ignorable, that he was a 2/10 in many other ways. Connolly is a player that is 4 or 5/10 in most areas. Some of these turn into well-rounded, very good PL strikers who are 7 or 8/10 in every area, some will make a living in the Championship. Where Connolly ends up is just too early to tell. People have accused him of poor attitude but if he didnt put in real effort and desire to become a better player Potter would have shipped him or frozen him out from the pitch (not the group).

So how do you explain Potter's willingness and desire to keep Locadia at the club? He puts in next to no effort (and never has done) and clearly has no desire to improve (or just doesn't have the capacity to improve).

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So how do you explain Potter's willingness and desire to keep Locadia at the club? He puts in next to no effort (and never has done) and clearly has no desire to improve (or just doesn't have the capacity to improve).

I very much suspect GP would happily NOT have Locadia at the club. But we're saddled with him – no-one will buy him, we managed to fob him off on loan to the MLS last year but I doubt that will happen again. So until his contract expires, I kind of get the impression we're stuck with him in the squad. (Also assuming the 'just pay him off now' terms aren't to our advantage either).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Almost deserves its own thread but Sarmiento could be a great player for us.

Needs to fill out a bit but has some serious close ball control.

Shame he cost us a goal but other than that thought he was fantastic.

Hope he gets some chances this season in the prem as can see him becoming a prem player

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I very much suspect GP would happily NOT have Locadia at the club. But we're saddled with him – no-one will buy him, we managed to fob him off on loan to the MLS last year but I doubt that will happen again. So until his contract expires, I kind of get the impression we're stuck with him in the squad. (Also assuming the 'just pay him off now' terms aren't to our advantage either).

Accepting your points but that still doesn't explain why Potter puts him in matchday squads and even picks him to play. Make him train on his own and have him nowhere near our matchday squads and certainly nowhere near our youngsters. He is hardly an example that you would want the kids to be following. Then get one of the youngsters to have his seat on the bench.

I will always look benevolently on players that really try their hearts out but just aren't good enough (see AJ!). Lazy lumps stealing a living I have no time for.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How did Biss do when he came on?
He was good, passed well, decisive in the tackle, good positioning. Booed every time he got the ball by Leicester, they constantly sang a song about him (not unexpected) but seemed to shrug it off ok. Had a big bit of strapping below his knee though and I sensed that he was going easy on it (although that just might have been my imagination).

He exudes class doesn’t he. I hope things work out alright for him and we can see him smiling again.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
"He's getting into good positions...." seems to be the mantra

There was one moment yesterday that Connolly had beaten the last man just inside the Leicester half, it would have been a straight foot race between him and their defence to the goal, and Connolly is now slouch as we've seen before. Instead of sprinting to goal he stopped and stuck his arm up appealing for a free kick allowing the Leicester man to get back in front of Aaron and he had to play the ball wide to a winger instead of having a chance to go on and create a shooting opportunity. Infatuating and a sign of a player who has lost all confidence.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
How did Biss do when he came on?

Really well. Felt like a marked increase in quality with all the subs but especially with him. Only remember him making one mistake and he worked to fix that. Some half hearted abuse attempted from a few Leicester fans occasionally but drowned out by cheers from Brighton fans each time. I got in conversation with a couple of Leicester fans walking from the ground after the game and they singled him out as someone who wouldn't look out of place in any Premier League side. For what it's worth they rated Dunk too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to say that Biss looked very chirpy between the end of the game and penalties chatting with the other players. I think this and the fact that he played bodes well…..having said that I have got so much wrong on this thread :lolol:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I have always thought he would come good, always defended him..... but he really is a Championship player at best,.... I am now reconciled to him leaving... we wont miss him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Although he's probably one of the lowest paid PL strikers, he is still probably on around £25k a week. I can't see any Championship or League One clubs paying a fee and matching those wages or even accepting a free and paying those wages.
He'll go back to Ireland... or worse, the SPL.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here