Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh well, considering the two unforced errors, we did well to get a draw, Connolly should have done better with two good chances, we all know the truth about our two strikers that started, simply not good enough. Good performances by several players and they will be gutted to lose on penalties.

Onwards & Upwards eh

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
F**king hate Leicester and that smug prick, Brendan Rodgers.

Hope they get a shit draw in the quarters. Arsenal or Spurs away will do.

Can't wait for this shockingly shite month to end. It's been a dreadful feeling after every match almost for so many different reasons.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
F**king hate Leicester and that smug prick, Brendan Rodgers.

Hope they get a shit draw in the quarters. Arsenal or Spurs away will do.

Can't wait for this shockingly shite month to end. It's been a dreadful feeling after every match almost for so many different reasons.

Halloween weekend still to come…! Who are we playing again?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some comments bit harsh on Steele considering he hardly plays a game bound to be rusty. I was hoping we would of gone for this rather than Liverpool with a strong line up as we probably had more chance of progressing in the cup. A home draw would of been super if we had got through.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After the first 15-20 we controlled that game for long spells, especially in the 2nd half. But once again our current propensity to simply gift the opposition cheap goals has cost us. Potter can do what he likes on the training ground, but when Steele and Sarmiento go and do what they did, then everything just goes down the toilet. We should have won that.

That said, I thought Sarmiento (aside from the cock-up) looked very lively and caused them plenty of problems, and Mwepu was excellent when he came on, finding space in dangerous areas and always involved. Locadia was barely worth mentioning, but Connolly....bloody hell. Another stinker of a performance, totally ineffective. Nothing he does seems to have ANY effect on the game whatsoever. He is so far off being a Premier League striker its not even funny.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
After the first 15-20 we controlled that game for long spells, especially in the 2nd half. But once again our current propensity to simply gift the opposition cheap goals has cost us. Potter can do what he likes on the training ground, but when Steele and Sarmiento go and do what they did, then everything just goes down the toilet. We should have won that.

That said, I thought Sarmiento (aside from the cock-up) looked very lively and caused them plenty of problems, and Mwepu was excellent when he came on, finding space in dangerous areas and always involved. Locadia was barely worth mentioning, but Connolly....bloody hell. Another stinker of a performance, totally ineffective. Nothing he does seems to have ANY effect on the game whatsoever. He is so far off being a Premier League striker its not even funny.
Swansea reserves are more his level

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Totally agree with this although the defender (Webster, I think) was as culpable as Steele for the first goal (assuming he had a shout). No need to dither.

A good display let down by 2 mistakes, 2 pens and 2 woeful forward performances

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be fair Potter cared as shown by his subs . the problem we have is locadia avoids being a striker by not getting in the box leaving Connolly who I will now accept looks out of his depth. With what we have now time to bring in Tolaj and/or Ferguson.

Potter, the players, and obviously Rodgers and his players cared. Professionals want to win above all else.

I was referring to some fans here belittling the league cup, not bothered and unmoved by our exit. For us, it would be amazing to win it, which happened to become not such a long shot after Citeh were knocked out.

Envious here of West Ham still in the draw.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If AC wasnt AC his performance this night would have been seen as very promising.

Sorry, but he's regressed. There comes a point where it has to go beyond "promising", but I've been watching the bloke for over 2 years now and he is literally no better than he's been for the last two seasons. He got those 2 goals vs Spurs on his full debut on 5th October 2019 - and then didn't score again until the final day of that season (so 3 goals in 24). Then last season, he scored a grand total of 2 goals.

I've tried to be patient, but it has become abundantly clear that he is simply not up to it at Premier League level. He is, at best, a lower-end Championship striker. I would LOVE him to prove me wrong.

But he won't.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sorry, but he's regressed. There comes a point where it has to go beyond "promising", but I've been watching the bloke for over 2 years now and he is literally no better than he's been for the last two seasons. He got those 2 goals vs Spurs on his full debut on 5th October 2019 - and then didn't score again until the final day of that season (so 3 goals in 24). Then last season, he scored a grand total of 2 goals.

I've tried to be patient, but it has become abundantly clear that he is simply not up to it at Premier League level. He is, at best, a lower-end Championship striker. I would LOVE him to prove me wrong.

But he won't.
I actually think he would be quality at championship level. The Swansea game showed that. But the prem is a whole different kettle of fish and I just dont think he has what it takes.

He desperately needs a loan. And if bloom and potter don't trust him enough to loan him we should bin him now

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here