Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Stephens, Gross and Propper played brilliantly today. I like Bissouma but you could see the difference in the tempo of our passing once Gross was replaced by Bissouma. We were a lot slower in getting the ball moved around..

Until today, I'd have picked Bissouma as a starter but todays match proved the importance of the 3 midfielders we started, playing together for the remainder of the season. They showed great telepathy, bossed the middle and played some brilliant one touch football amongst each other.

Propper is our best and most important player without a doubt. He's the one who makes us look like a team too good to go down. So calm under pressure along with top class ball control. Who else looks as comfortable as Propper on the ball in our squad?

I'm optimistic after that performance. Even so the league table looks like we're in big trouble, It's obvious we're too good to go down.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He could have realised Murray's not all that and asked his boss to get him a decent proper striker in January. No, we bought a couple of kids and handed them back.

Yes, one of those decent proper strikers that grow on trees and who are always so easy to come across in January at a decent prince, when nobody else is on the lookout either. I wish that had occurred to someone, anyone, when Murray at that point was scoring, and Andone was fit and firing. Silly billy's.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
...and Huddersfield revival starts tonight with a 90th minute goal v Wolves. Saturday not looking so easy!!!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Good post. I'm not going to start spraying piss all up the walls tonight over the manner of the performance, because we played bloody well for long periods and for a large part looked like the home side.

Its our woeful finishing that is absolutely killing us. Murray has cost us tonight - frankly I'd have been disappointed with a point off the back of that. To have come away with nothing though, just gutted beyond belief.

Quite right.
A while back our play in the final third was woeful.
We seem to have sorted that but now can't finish the chances from 2 yards out or the keeper pulls off a series of world class saves.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Did you watch it? There was zero negativity from us. If you didn't see it, run along.

for the most part we played very well tonight, just caught out twice by pace from an established PL team with many players at a level above ours

and two glaring misses

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hate to say it but we could have done without town winning. That gives them momentum.

I know people are saying that we are good enough at home to win enough of our remaining fixtures to keep us up....but every one of those teams we will be playing will be fighting for their lives...and we struggle to hit the back of the net.

In hughton we trust

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He can't do much about ineptitude, I agree but it does beg the question "What the feck do they do at Lancing every day"? We look a poorly coached side. That might be down to Hughton or the team he has surrounded himself with. Or both.

Too many fans obsess about managers. Arsenal fans moaning to get rid of Wenger, where are they - exactly where they would have been under Arsene. Southampton and Huddersfield big impacts from their changes? Not really. Why? Because the players play football, they make mistakes, they score goals. What do they do at Lancing, probably work they're bloody socks off to be better. Sometimes a manager does make a difference when a dressing room has completely gone like at OT, but it isn't often. It comes down to the strength of your squad. We're on a bad run, most sides have them, we're having ours right now. Does it end Saturday, lets hope so because a single win and the entire club will be feeling a lot better.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He could have realised Murray's not all that and asked his boss to get him a decent proper striker in January. No, we bought a couple of kids and handed them back.

That's nonsense. Murray's finishing has been clinical the last couple of seasons. That's what makes his misses tonight so inexplicable. I love him to bits, but I'm afraid he cost us a point tonight and he will know that more than anyone.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Yes our terrible run is down to bad finishing :lolol: some people on here are looking at Hughton’s past achievements with us rather than the current reality. If he stays we’ll be down next season as it’s unlikely the league will be as poor as this year

With another 100M to spend on the team, we will probably improve as well.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No one is sleep walking to relegation. I don't see any of the players not giving their absolute all in the games. This is football at the highest level, unforgiving and punishing. We can have our hissy fits, its the manager, the owner, the budget, the recruitment, but it's football. We're in a bad run of games. But like all runs they come to an end, and we pick ourselves up and look to Saturday. No point pissing our pants about it.

FFS I'm not a ****ing child I don't piss my pants and honestly that is a w*nky tosser expression. I'm a grown up who has expressed a view, may not be yours but guess what one of us will be right. If you are all good, look forwards to yet another relegation battle next year.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I did, much like the season at large, decent build up play but no real cutting edge and soft at the back. But try and act hard on an Internet forum if that makes you feel better :)

Haha!! What planet do you live on? Act hard? Oh good God. We were not negative and I was just calling you up on it. Jog on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here