Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What! No Barnes or Hoskins ? Both may even play?
No not today. I'd play the 4-2-3-1, which can quickly change to 4-3-3 when we're attacking. Leicester are frail defensively.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unconfirmed team news: Unchanged from Bristol :lolol:

***Now confirmed***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No not today. I'd play the 4-2-3-1, which can quickly change to 4-3-3 when we're attacking. Leicester are frail defensively.

I think they play a high line (is that the right word). They don't play deep, but rely on keeping the ball in midfield (like Barcelona) and that is why we may need Dicker in the middle and because they may not play wingers, Buckley might be a btter bet than Noone, although there is not much to choose between the two. I expect Noone to start against Liverpool.

Just heard: we are unchanged first XI! Subs to be announced.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Leicester

Danger Man:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Dyer

But he will probably be on the bench ?

Clearly, Beckford will be a handful. Make no mistake, they have some outstanding players. A superb midfield. They haven't started well this season, but when they gel they'll be a real force. I'd be DELIGHTED with any kind of result today.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Mate, you'll upset everyone on here; I learnt that the other week.......but we beat Peterborough that day,
so go for it.

On the other hand, I've just dropped & smashed my Brighton mug which I am usually supping from here on match days.

We're doomed!!!!

Not to worry, i've had two drinks in mine to compensate for your mug being smashed :thumbsup:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Leicester team:

Schmeichel, Peltier, Konchesky, Mills (c), Bamba, King, Vassell, Wellens, Beckford, Abe, Fernandes.

Subs: Dyer, St. Ledger, Weale, Danns, Schlupp.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So Brighton today are:

1. Ankergren
2. Calderon
3. Painter
4. Bridcutt
5. Dunk
6. Greer
7. Harley
8. Barnes
9. M-Smith
10. Dicker
11. Noone

Subs:
Brezovan
Vincelot
Navarro
Lualua
Buckley

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
they are big spending but think they are under pressure....think we will play the better football....... its gonna be a thriller...prediction 3-3 :eek:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Vincente must be some way off being fit if he cant even make the bench. Surely a player with his pedigree is worth having on bench even if only 75%. Am I the only one that finds this a bit strange?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Vincente must be some way off being fit if he cant even make the bench. Surely a player with his pedigree is worth having on bench even if only 75%. Am I the only one that finds this a bit strange?

Yes.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Leicester midfield

Abe (holding), Fernandes, King and Wellens.

I think we will lose it in midfield in the first half and play deep with out full backs resisting the temptation to go forward.

Crowding the midfield like Sunderland. I expect a high foul count.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Nope. Nobody in this team deserves to be dropped for a half fit player. His time will come.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
When you look at our squad you can see why Gus is so miffed about only being allowed 5 subs on the bench including a keeper.
I understand why Gus does it, but picking Brezovan looks like a wasted space on the bench when you've got game changers like Hoskins and (hopefully) Vicente waiting in the wings. That said I do like a gamble. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here