Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Swede or Turnip ?

Finally about to get going - hope the change of thread starter and the unorthodox layout works - anyone know who the ref is?

Foxes Preview (Forum)
Brighton Pre Match Talk - FoxesTalk Forum - Page 7

I think that they think we are pretenders at the top. We have had an easy start, but we had a lot of injuries as well.

They also seem to think (some of them) that they will play a narrow system. If this is the case, I don't know how we will counter it. One holding midfielder for us. I would not be surprised if Dicker plays or even Sparrow? Two holding midfielders would play against the long ball so that cuts out Navarro as Bridcutt is better this season.

As table toppers we should not be too worried about the opposition. Buckley to start?

Southampton showed that they are vulnerable to pacey forwards. I can't see how they will cope with us. Despite all their spending, I don't think they have got the players. A repeat of the Sunderland game scenario ???

In other words, I don't really know how this one will pan out. I don't even have a clue what team we will play in midfield and up front? I suspect a surprise team selection by Gus. I forecast a niggly game with lots of fouls.

Team Forecast:

Ankergren
Calderon Dunk Greer Painter
Bridcutt ???
???
Mackail-Smith ??? ???

Forecast: 1-1

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What team will we play?

Forecasts ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this is the game where we find out if we are as good as we think we are,it is going to be very difficult but I predict a 2-0 win for us and all who doubted us will fall at Gus's feet
we are where we are because we are at this moment in time the best and we should still be there at 5pm tonight and if not it will not be because the lads have not tried

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Warning: Anybody remember when Charlton came to the the Goldstone as table-toppers in the second tier and we beat them 7-0 declared.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Mate, you'll upset everyone on here; I learnt that the other week.......but we beat Peterborough that day,
so go for it.

On the other hand, I've just dropped & smashed my Brighton mug which I am usually supping from here on match days.

We're doomed!!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think there will be much of a surprise to the team. I imagine it will mostly be unchanged, maybe lualua starting in place of noone, along with dicker bridcutt and harley in midfield. Barnes and CMS up front, usual back five.

Will be at a bbq/house party this afternoon so will have to get updates on my phone.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't think there will be much of a surprise to the team. I imagine it will mostly be unchanged, maybe lualua starting in place of noone, along with dicker bridcutt and harley in midfield. Barnes and CMS up front, usual back five.

Will be at a bbq/house party this afternoon so will have to get updates on my phone.

I think Buckley will play from the start! We will not need Harley as we won't get many corners and Buckley or Noone can now take them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I have a feeling we'll see this team:

1. Ankergren
2. Calderon
3. Painter
4. Bridcutt
5. Dunk
6. Greer
7. Buckley
8. Dicker
9. M-Smith
10. Navarro
11. Noone

4-2-3-1 formation. Get hold of midfield and play on the counter with our fast front three.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have a feeling we'll see this team:

1. Ankergren
2. Calderon
3. Painter
4. Bridcutt
5. Dunk
6. Greer
7. Buckley
8. Dicker
9. M-Smith
10. Navarro
11. Noone

4-2-3-1 formation. Get hold of midfield and play on the counter with our fast front three.

What! No Barnes or Hoskins ? Both may even play?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here