Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great to see us sticking to our guns re our valuation of Leo.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Excellent.

Good news about Walton expressing a preference to stay as well.

We need to not sell anyone this window ( except maybe Agustien ) as we've got enough players to bring in as it is.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Excellent.

Good news about Walton expressing a preference to stay as well.

We need to not sell anyone this window ( except maybe Agustien ) as we've got enough players to bring in as it is.

We won't get anything for Kemy , Buckley might bring in some cash though.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If Lambert went to Liverpool for £4m that makes Leo worth about 2 or 3 maximum so hope he doesnt go.

Lambert is 32 and has approx. 2-3 seasons left at the top. Leo is 27 and therefore clearly worth more, but as many have said it's not about retail value it's about his worth to us as a team. Anything less than £7m is scandalous.

Absolute rubbish.

Transfer fee's are based on a number of factors; age, wages, contract length, whether or not a player want's to leave etc.

Dwight Gayle sold for £8.5m on the back of an OK half season at Peterborough.

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet about the Lmabert transfer is that maybe there was a release clause(s) in his contract, set at £4m, (what division where they in when he last signed one for them?) hence why he went relatively cheaply. - Also he may have been in his final season under contract at Southampton and indicated he won't sign a new deal so they took the opportunity to cash in (a bit like us and Barnes)

We don't know enough to make a proper, informed opinion on the deal and whether this should reflect Ulloa's valuation but i'd be disappointed if we had sold for £5m. The true value of a player is what a club is prepared to pay and the selling club is prepared to accept, and thankfully we seem to have set our price at a reasonable level rather than selling players cheaply as we seem to have done in recent years.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
£7.5-10 million :eek:

I mean I know we'd probably never get anywhere near that for him (not this TW at least), but they are some scary figures right there.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We won't get anything for Kemy , Buckley might bring in some cash though.

My point really is not the money, but that we really shouldn't 'sell' anyone, except Agustien ( on a free ).

I hope we keep Buckley at least one more year to see if the new training facilities will fix his injury issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here