Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

foxedup

May 23, 2014
Elsewhere I've seen that the owners have written off the debts but have since loaned 35 million of which some will be used to purchase the ground.

I'm unaware of that and I like to keep up to date with everything. When they wrote off the debt they also included a £10m cushion to cover permitted FFP losses this season. So it still stands at £17m as far as I know as they aren't allowed to put any other cash in over the £8m, we won't know for sure until after the accounts come out though.

Anyway good luck for next season, I'll leave you in peace!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Leo put in his transfer request yet? :wink:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The sooner the season starts and Leicester start taking some heavy beatings the better. These Foxes goons on here make Palace seem pleasant by comparison. The sheer arrogance of these pricks is breathtaking, by far the shittest club in the Midlands with zero class.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Cough up or **** off. Great, they've opted for the latter.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
If Lambert went to Liverpool for £4m that makes Leo worth about 2 or 3 maximum so hope he doesnt go.

Lambert is 32 and has approx. 2-3 seasons left at the top. Leo is 27 and therefore clearly worth more, but as many have said it's not about retail value it's about his worth to us as a team. Anything less than £7m is scandalous.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sky sports saying brighton have turned down final offer of 5 million for Leo

Good. That's the second time we've turned down 5 million for him. Perhaps other clubs will realise we're not desperate to get money any longer. Yes, we're trying to keep within FFP, but not enough to lose our players for half their value.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If Lambert went to Liverpool for £4m that makes Leo worth about 2 or 3 maximum so hope he doesnt go.

Absolute rubbish.

Transfer fee's are based on a number of factors; age, wages, contract length, whether or not a player want's to leave etc.

Dwight Gayle sold for £8.5m on the back of an OK half season at Peterborough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lambert is 32 and has approx. 2-3 seasons left at the top. Leo is 27 and therefore clearly worth more, but as many have said it's not about retail value it's about his worth to us as a team. Anything less than £7m is scandalous.

Lambert established as a top striker. Had Leo gone, which I am glad he hasnt I would willingly have settled for Lambert for £4m even if only for 2 or 3 seasons to replace him. On the face if it to replace Leo woukd cost mega money but the Lambert deal suggests that may not be so in all cases.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Lambert established as a top striker. Had Leo gone, which I am glad he hasnt I would willingly have settled for Lambert for £4m even if only for 2 or 3 seasons to replace him. On the face if it to replace Leo woukd cost mega money but the Lambert deal suggests that may not be so in all cases.

I just think all things being equal (which they're not - Lambert is the finished polished article, Leo could go on to become as good as him given the right suroundings etc - that the only factor that price is being determined by is his age. Therefore as an imperfect yet valid way of a comparison Leo is worth more given potential longevity.

Leo is not in Lambert's class, let's not go kidding ourselves.

Am in no way comparing them, they are vastly different in ability atm, but to us Leo, with his potential and longevity is worth more to us than the figures being bandied around atm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here