Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Players like Ulloa are very difficult to find. A big target man, decent first touch and very good in the air. I don't see many suggestions on here for an adequate replacement.
Although smaller, I would suggest that Mr Murray is about as close as you are going to get.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Disagree, just because you are in the PL does not make you a club that is in profit. Are you telling me all the clubs in the premiership are making money and are financially secure. QPR came into this league in financial trouble last season.

True, but I think TB wouldn't be that daft if we got to the EPL.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Players like Ulloa are very difficult to find. A big target man, decent first touch and very good in the air. I don't see many suggestions on here for an adequate replacement.
Although smaller, I would suggest that Mr Murray is about as close as you are going to get.

I'd have Murray back like a shot, Poyet was a fool to part with him.

Trouble is that Palace would no doubt be asking for £15m minimum given their deluded view of themselves

Feb 14, 2010
I'd have Murray back like a shot, Poyet was a fool to part with him.

Trouble is that Palace would no doubt be asking for £15m minimum given their deluded view of themselves

Many of us said Poyet made a big mistake in letting Murray go and replacing him CMS at the time. The decision helped palace to promotion and cost us promotion. He had skill, would make great runs in the box and could finish. But he has just had a big injury and we dont need another player who is injured all the time so I wouldnt have him back now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it really realistic that Leicester offered £3m one week and £7m the next?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
OG did well to get us in the play offs in his first year. We now start again with yet another manager. My view is the squad needs significant change and a £7m boost to the kitty plus the savings made on letting players go will allow a new manager to radically change the team and develop it. Like some other posters I think that we will be looking more and more at our own production line and marrying this with a place in the PL may be a big ask in the short term.
I was pleasantly surprised by how good Forster-Caskey looked for England and it has given me a bit more confidence in this being the way forward.

Feb 14, 2010
I would rather we sell players now and not have the situation we did tis season with players being "injured" for most of the first half of the season to then move in the transfer window and then surprise surprise they are free from injury with one swoop of the signing a premier league contract pen (not that I blame the player as I would do the same if I was the player). Just sell now and replace now, but with the new manager buying the players with help from other. There is no point blaming a manager if somoene else spends the playing budget.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unless they know that this is what we will sell for? That is my main concern at the moment.
Just seems a bit weird.

I trust that the club are constantly keeping their eyes of managers and players for when anyone leaves, and perhaps they have some targets. And with decent strikers being so hard to get, and so expensive, I wouldn't be happy unless we had a replacement signed.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He is as good as gone.

We will never turn down that sort of offer for a player, whoever he is.

Just try and maximise the amount sothe new manager has a bit of flexibility to go into the market and rebuild the team.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just seems a bit weird.

I trust that the club are constantly keeping their eyes of managers and players for when anyone leaves, and perhaps they have some targets. And with decent strikers being so hard to get, and so expensive, I wouldn't be happy unless we had a replacement signed.

Oh the club have a list of replacements, that is for sure. I don't want to sell him at all, but if he wants to go then we have to really.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's sell CMS as well, and then we can have zero strikers on the books.

Ridiculous to sell Ulloa when we already need 2 strikers.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Every player has his price. And Leo Ulloa is not worth as much as £7 million. Coming so early in the close season, I would take it.

That said, someone mentioned the Daily Express...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Is it really realistic that Leicester offered £3m one week and £7m the next?

Quite, I think it's highly unlikely. Maybe £4m with a £3m clause if Leicester stay up. Let's not sell Leo off in our minds after a piece by the f***ing Express.

If they eventually offer £7m cash then he'll probably have to go and we'll have some shopping to do.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh the club have a list of replacements, that is for sure. I don't want to sell him at all, but if he wants to go then we have to really.

We could have list as long as gibbons arm, it means jack if we can't afford any of them or can't entice any of them to join us like we failed with grabbon. Come on we don't event have a manager, and what message does it send when we accept an offer for our best striker whilst trying to attract a manager.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Other tranfer gossip today has Arsenal offering £8m for Loic Remy - a proven premier league striker. Which would make £7m for Leo look even more like a deal too good to turn down.

I would still rather keep him though.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
If the bid is as reported and if he wants to leave, he's gone.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Every player has his price. And Leo Ulloa is not worth as much as £7 million. Coming so early in the close season, I would take it.

That said, someone mentioned the Daily Express...

I disagree. The worth of a striker whom can score goals on the premier league is profound. Norwich found out the hard way despite signing the likes of Hooper & Wolf's-Winkle. I think Leo would score 1 in 3 for most Premier League clubs, that has to be worth 7m minimum. Replacing Leo however, may very well prove impossible unless we spend his transfer fee on the salary of some ex England superstar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports