Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Back

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you honestly think that because we are top of the league no players are open to criticism? Genuine question.

Think a few outstanding performances have covered Bongs frailties recently.

Do you honestly think a team that has conceded 15 goals all season has a left back that 'simply isn't good enough'?

Remember this isn't a phony made up stat, that gets trotted out so everyone can win a prize
We're talking about half the season or in Bong's case

21 games
13 goals conceded

As Bong didn't play v Blackburn, who scored 2.

We have 5 primary defenders and they, when including Bong, have let in just 13 goals.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
What a lame thread. Top of league, two points clear and a game in hand.

Then we have this pillock coming online talking shit about the left back who's a part of the best back four the Albion has seen in 30 plus years.

Nice one!

I am gunna say two words: Sam Rents. Now please continue telling me how shit Bong is.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Do you honestly think a team that has conceded 15 goals all season has a left back that 'simply isn't good enough'?

Remember this isn't a phony made up stat, that gets trotted out so everyone can win a prize
We're talking about half the season or in Bong's case

21 games
13 goals conceded

As Bong didn't play v Blackburn, who scored 2.

We have 5 primary defenders and they, when including Bong, have let in just 13 goals.

I think Dunk, Duffy and Bruno have genuinely been outstanding and that's covered Bong's shortfalls.

Agree or disagree, I don't think Bong is good enough and I think it's the one position where we don't have strength in depth.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A decent left back should be able to pass 5 yards without the ball going out of play.

but let's be fair, Bong hasn't been up to scratch this season. You get the feeling a costly mistake is almost imminent.

Bong simply isn't good enough.

We really struggled on the left hand side today, not helped with a left back that can't seem to keep the ball in play let alone find a team mate.

The one weak link in our squad IMO.

Along those lines...

18 unbeaten (48 points from a possible 54).
5 wins in row.
9 unbeaten away.
1 defeat in 19 away.
7 defeats in last 71 league games.

F*** knows where we would be if we had a left back who could pass 5 yards :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: :facepalm:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
What a lame thread. Top of league, two points clear and a game in hand.

Then we have this pillock coming online talking shit about the left back who's a part of the best back four the Albion has seen in 30 plus years.

Nice one!

I am gunna say to two words: Sam Rents. Now please continue telling me how shit Bong is.

What is 'lame' is you my friend coming out with the 'top of the league' comment giving you the right to think everyone should be immune from critiscm. So if a player gets needlessly sent off against Preston, we lose but remain top of the league, then he should also be immune simply because 'we are top of the league'

Rubbish. It's about opinions. And mine is that Bong isn't good enough. Don't agree? Fair enough but stop this 'top of the league' bubble when appraising individual performances.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bored with the constant attacks at Bong and I'm not his biggest fan.

He's certainly a very good player, sometimes you have to give the opposition some credit

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Bored with the constant attacks at Bong and I'm not his biggest fan.

He's certainly a very good player, sometimes you have to give the opposition some credit

Fair play to the Fulham winger for making him incapable of passing the ball 5 yards in play.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
What is 'lame' is you my friend coming out with the 'top of the league' comment giving you the right to think everyone should be immune from critiscm. So if a player gets needlessly sent off against Preston, we lose but remain top of the league, then he should also be immune simply because 'we are top of the league'

Rubbish. It's about opinions. And mine is that Bong isn't good enough. Don't agree? Fair enough but stop this 'top of the league' bubble when appraising individual performances.

You are the Andy Townsend of NSC. #talkingnonsense

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think Dunk, Duffy and Bruno have genuinely been outstanding and that's covered Bong's shortfalls.

Agree or disagree, I don't think Bong is good enough and I think it's the one position where we don't have strength in depth.

Bricklined_privy.jpg

Maybe time for an early night - I'm really trying to help :bigwave:

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Bong was great in a couple of one vs one situations today, he played a few poor passes but was no worse than anyone else in a poor first half.. Really don't understand some of the criticism he gets

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are the Andy Townsend of NSC. #talkingnonsense
Andy Townsend was saying in the warm up to Villa v Leeds.

'If Villa can average 2 points a game for the rest of the season, they'll end up with 80 and in the play-offs'.

Since then they've amassed 1 from a maximum of 6.

You may very well have a point.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

When you say it is all about opinions

I sort of tried to guide you in a couple of earlier posts. I even said I don't necessarily disagree with you about Rosenior; however, our opinions don't matter that much. The only opinion that matters is that of the Manager.

Every time Bong is fit he plays. No matter who else is fit in the squad. Is it any clearer now ???????

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Digging a hole for having an opinion. Nice one.

Rosenior will soon be back and watch the noticeable difference as we march on the promised land.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Fulham are one of the highest goalscorers in the league. They give most defences a hard time, I'm very happy to see Bong battle with Pog & Rosenior throughout the remainder of the season but I think both Rightback and Leftback are positions we will need to improve if we get promoted.

Rosenior isn't expected to make it for MK Dons which is vital we win so he can play in the forth round

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Every time Bong is fit he plays. No matter who else is fit in the squad. Is it any clearer now ???????

I believe when Rosenior and Bong are both fit maybe CH's decision will different. Just a hunch.

Don't believe he's had that decision to make too many times this season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Another shit thread. OP also stated Duffy wasn't needed also. Just shows what he knows :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here