Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Back

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Bong had a poor game, but a lot of that was down to Skalak. They looked like strangers today. I'm not going to flame him for it, he's been excellent lately. And yes, Bruno was poor today, but he is also allowed a mare now and again.

I agree, Bong struggled because he was not being helped by Skalak who was not offering himself as a good outlet. Bong also sprinted back for the tackle of the match in the first half too.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
A decent left back should be able to pass 5 yards without the ball going out of play.

I question anyone's football knowledge that thinks Bong is a better option than Liam Rosenior at left back. I'm pretty sure CH will agree when he's fit and available again.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What absolute rubbish Bong is by far the best left back at the club,better than Pocognoli and far better at left back than Rosenior. I am told that based on todays game we should be hoping LR is fit to take over Brunos place as apparently he was the weak link in the side today but every player is entitleed to have a bad game its when it becomes regular that it becomes a problem.

I know someone else who agrees with you BG

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not helped by having to go up against one of the best attacking fullbacks in the Championship. I'd sign Fredericks in an instant if we go up. Aluko was quality too. They kept our fullbacks pinned back by attacking with pace and control which thankfully wasn't matched in the penalty box.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not helped by having to go up against one of the best attacking fullbacks in the Championship. I'd sign Fredericks in an instant if we go up. Aluko was quality too. They kept our fullbacks pinned back by attacking with pace and control which thankfully wasn't matched in the penalty box.

If they'd had Murray or Tomer at CF with the balls they were getting into the box we'd have been hammered. Out wingers on the other hand delivered very little today - Skalak just poor, and Knocky making so many bad decisions.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A decent left back should be able to pass 5 yards without the ball going out of play.

I question anyone's football knowledge that thinks Bong is a better option than Liam Rosenior at left back. I'm pretty sure CH will agree when he's fit and available again.

I have a feeling you might be wrong on that one

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
3pts top of the league by two, game in hand... nuff said.
I disagree.

3pts away to one of the best clubs in the league, top of the league by two, game in hand... nuff said

(feel free to correct me further)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Let's wait and see... Rosenior, Duffy, Dunk and Bruno is our strongest back 4 IMO.

All about opinions.

I know that, which is why I said I think you might be wrong on that one. I myself don't necessarily disagree with you though

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Strewth.

Top of the league. Let's have a day off from assassinating players.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
I'm as delighted as anyone tonight about the result but let's be fair, Bong hasn't been up to scratch this season. You get the feeling a costly mistake is almost imminent. I'd get Poc in for a run when we can, he looks much more assured.

Or a goal saving tackle like the one against QPR ???

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Strewth.

Top of the league. Let's have a day off from assassinating players.

Do you honestly think that because we are top of the league no players are open to criticism? Genuine question.

Think a few outstanding performances have covered Bongs frailties recently.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm as delighted as anyone tonight about the result but let's be fair, Bong hasn't been up to scratch this season. You get the feeling a costly mistake is almost imminent. I'd get Poc in for a run when we can, he looks much more assured.

"Let's be fair"?? Bong has been excellent this season, superb versus Cardiff and gets forward and supports his winger. Skalak is our third best left winger and not renouned for his defensive work.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Let's hope Rosenior is fit again soon or Pocognoli gets an extended run in the side.

Bong simply isn't good enough.

We really struggled on the left hand side today, not helped with a left back that can't seem to keep the ball in play let alone find a team mate. Skalak certainly doesn't help him.

The one weak link in our squad IMO. But what a fantastic bloody result UTA.

Completely disagree, if there was a poor performer today it was Skalak.

Bong may shank a clearence/pass more often than i'd like, but defensively he is superb and clearly showed why he is in the side in the very game you are criticising him for.

He is also great going forward when the bloke in front of him is playing to standard.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Not quite:-

Played 24
Goals conceded 15 (that's fifteen, one - five)
Unbeaten run 18
All with a left back who:-
"simply isn't good enough"

Along those lines...

18 unbeaten (48 points from a possible 54).
5 wins in row.
9 unbeaten away.
1 defeat in 19 away.
7 defeats in last 71 league games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do you honestly think that because we are top of the league no players are open to criticism? Genuine question.

Think a few outstanding performances have covered Bongs frailties recently.
Yes. For tonight at least ( just my opinion though ).

Of course players merits and weaknesses are good discussion points generally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here