Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds v Newcastle

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone who's worried about Leeds being in the mix needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Newcastle defeat is all we need today.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is not Leeds it is we all ****ing hate Leeds

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Can't make my mind up about this one. If Newcastle win, then they're on 40 points and starting to look untouchable. If Leeds win, that'll be another team hanging off our coat tails. They might start thinking they're quite good, and we're playing them in the not too distant future. Hmmm, think I'll settle for a draw.

Had this very same conversation with my mate on Friday night, it's a tricky one but in the end we decided a draw was the best result although i still fancy Leeds to win it.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've gone for Aleksandar Mitrovic first goal @ 4/1. He's bang in form and it's double delight/hat trick heaven with Betfred so winnings could go up and up. Hopefully.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Zero chance? We're only 2 points behind them. As it stands, we are the best team to challenge them from a points gained point of view. I admit Newcastle are hot favourites to win the league but they're not infallible. They too can have an off-colour performance similar to us on Friday.

How do you mean by points gained? Brighton are on exactly the same amount of points this many games in as they were last season

I actually think Brighton should want the horrible bar codes to win as Leeds really are starting to hit form which should be a worry given what they have done in recent years (nothing at all)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Long way to go. But a defeat for Newcastle, particularly a bad one, might just get the fans on their backs and trigger a bit of a wobble.

el punal

How do you mean by points gained? Brighton are on exactly the same amount of points this many games in as they were last season

I actually think Brighton should want the horrible bar codes to win as Leeds really are starting to hit form which should be a worry given what they have done in recent years (nothing at all)

Sunday morning hangover! What I meant was we are in striking distance (i.e. only 2 points behind Newcastle in the table) whereas the rest are adrift by some distance and therefore have to do some serious catching up.

I'd better lie down now!

Can't make my mind up about this one. If Newcastle win, then they're on 40 points and starting to look untouchable. If Leeds win, that'll be another team hanging off our coat tails. They might start thinking they're quite good, and we're playing them in the not too distant future. Hmmm, think I'll settle for a draw.

Would love to see Geordies fall flat on their face but the % call for us is to stop this Leeds revival - draw or NU win for me

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really not bothered. We have zero chance of catching Newcastle and i'm not worried about Leeds. I'm just going to enjoy watching the match.

Great logic as always Spence :thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gayle gets to a ball (keeper saves) that Baldock would not have a prayer to get and Hogan might have scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here