Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

You reap what you so ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely, you can certainly wield the messageboard dagger while everyone is celebrating an exhilarating win - but no one will ever convince me that it’s joyful, happy people who are called to this great cause lol

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Just had a peak on the Leeds forum. They are not happy.

First few pages full of cocky comments about how they are going to win.
They are not fans of Maupay, then he scores. Brilliant.
By the end, they are moaning about their poor squad and that they may be dragged into relegation zone.

Great stuff. Also where has Shite-hawk come from, their nickname for us? Whitehawk have never beaten them have they?
A shite-hawk is an alternative name for a seagull.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

By the end, they are moaning about their poor squad and that they may be dragged into relegation zone.

Great stuff. Also where has Shite-hawk come from, their nickname for us? Whitehawk have never beaten them have they?

Everyone else in Sussex has, only a matter of time [emoji16]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It’s a nickname for Seagull.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
It feels as if the pieces are starting to come together. The spine of the team is starting look pretty impressive - Sanchez is commanding on crosses and has made some good saves, Dunk and Webster look solid, White and Bissouma are immense as holding mids, Alex Mac is starting to pull the strings at no 10 and Maupay is back in the goals. If we add in Lamptey and Tau for pace along with March's good form, it's looking good. That's not mentioning Trossard's improved form and Lallana and Welbeck's experience. As a team, we also seem to be making fewer unforced errors.

Not getting carried away - Leeds were poor today and Man City were pretty much always in control but there are definitely positive signs.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Sums it all up without the need for words.... Dunk & Webster.jpg

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I cant have one over the Leeds fans while we are still in the relegation mix. Maybe I will if we beat them at home and are above them in the league.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Absolutely, you can certainly wield the messageboard dagger while everyone is celebrating an exhilarating win - but no one will ever convince me that it’s joyful, happy people who are called to this great cause lol

A great win, possibly the most important of the season, not the cleanest but that doesn’t matter. Confidence will be high and the players will be looking forward to Fulham.

When posters who have nothing good to say about Potter are reminded of this then apparently we are sad nerds for doing so.
I agree with the OP, you really come across as a miserable sod. Sanctimonious with it as well.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Sanchez is growing in confidence with every game.
So good to see a goalkeeper taking control and collecting crosses.
So different to Ryan leaving them to the defence most of the time.

A great win, possibly the most important of the season, not the cleanest but that doesn’t matter. Confidence will be high and the players will be looking forward to Fulham.

When posters who have nothing good to say about Potter are reminded of this then apparently we are sad nerds for doing so.
I agree with the OP, you really come across as a miserable sod. Sanctimonious with it as well.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. People who are genuinely happy about today’s win would concentrate on what aspect of our play went well, what key points could make this a successful season or just post honest to goodness expressions of simple joy! Those with a little bit of unhappiness in their soul will use it as a convenient opportunity to attack other individuals, my advice to them would be, be generous and show some warmth, you can have a little bit of fun with overheated opinions by doing both those things

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It feels as if the pieces are starting to come together. The spine of the team is starting look pretty impressive - Sanchez is commanding on crosses and has made some good saves, Dunk and Webster look solid, White and Bissouma are immense as holding mids, Alex Mac is starting to pull the strings at no 10 and Maupay is back in the goals. If we add in Lamptey and Tau for pace along with March's good form, it's looking good. That's not mentioning Trossard's improved form and Lallana and Welbeck's experience. As a team, we also seem to be making fewer unforced errors.

Not getting carried away - Leeds were poor today and Man City were pretty much always in control but there are definitely positive signs.

Mac Allister finding his feet a massive bonus. Still feel with have a Dia/Eduoard sized hole though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here