Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I hate Leeds but happy with their win today, hard luck with the goal tho, perhaps one day there will be a tv replay the ref can refer dodgy decisions like the hand ball, I hate last min goals but not today :) Millwall lost & Charlton lost so a great day for me
Don't be disheartened peeps, sometimes you can go without a win for 9 games nearly miss out on the play offs and still go up:thumbsup::D

Chins up.

F""k off.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
Tough place to go first game of the season, it's the only time of the season when their fans all turn up expecting promotion, and also the feel good factor post Bates for them. Was a big crowd behind them. We were unlucky in the end. Early days for OG

Jan 30, 2008
I hate Leeds but happy with their win today, hard luck with the goal tho, perhaps one day there will be a tv replay the ref can refer dodgy decisions like the hand ball, I hate last min goals but dodgy ones hurt more dont they? :) Millwall lost & Charlton also lost so a great day for me
Don't be disheartened peeps, sometimes you can go without a win for 9 games nearly miss out on the play offs and still go up:thumbsup::D

Chins up.
:fishing:..........:rolleyes:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I was expecting this result - but really thought we had at least a draw. That last min handball was a real blow

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't even know which team had scored thanks to the commentary. **** sake.

I too zoned out, and the crowd didn't sound as loud as they had during the rest of the match, I wondered if the crowd weren't as loud because they were the away fans.

Have we to scored,at minute WINNERS in each of the last two games at Elland Road?

Wanna try that again?

My thoughts (listening to the radio, reading the twitter feeds)
-It sounds as if switch from the gus style to the oscar style isn't as smooth a transition as we were hoping. Even through pre-season we seemed to be struggling retaining possession and finding team mates. I loo forward to it clicking
-I hope the mental focus issue that led to us conceding late goals last season showing its head today isn't an indication our mental issues with coming from behind to win, too.
-If the handball is true, we weren't "beaten" we were "the victims of a ref error/leeds cheating"
-How can leeds players be getting cramp? What did they do pre-season?
-Newport could be on a high, I hope we don't assume it'll be an easy win to get our confidence back
-it's the first league game, let's not start with comparisons to gus, (good or bad).
-overall not too depressed, not too worried for the season ahead. Nothing is off the table, it's one match. We won our first game in 2002 and then didn't win for 13 or so games. We lost our first league game last season, too. Won our first two games and we still did well in the end. Opening day fixtures are not any indication of the season ahead.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Sorry, but this afternoon is absolutely bullshit. Why do we NEVER learn? Starting this season with a weaker team than we finished last season is unforgivable for a club that claims to be aiming for promotion. We needed to strengthen just to compete for the top six again. We are at least FOUR players short, and all Bloom talks about is "hopefully getting a couple in by the end of August". People have been so brainwashed that they actually see players like Lopez and Upson as new signings. Well they're not, they were included in the side that got us to fourth. We've wasted a whole summer changing one ponce of a manager for another, and it'll be the same old shit all over again. We'll look pretty at times but we've still only got one player who can score a goal, we've still got tarts who waste every opportunity they are presented with, we've still got Ashley ****ing Barnes starting, we've still got a bunch of old men at the back, we've still got bottlers who concede last-minute goals and things are arguably even worse now as we've got a total waste of human life in Crofts in midfield. We're MILES away, not even close this season I reckon. 14th if we're lucky, and I wish that was a wind-up.

It's only one game, shut up ahahaha

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I liked the positive substitutions...seems obvious OG not happy to simply draw games, however bet he doesn't like losing in injury time either...

Just feels like work in progress due to such an unusual summer..OG must get his new players in sharpish so the transition is completed sooner rather than later.

I also have to remind myself that no one gets promoted in August.... 45 games to go...

Jan 30, 2008
Sorry, but this afternoon is absolutely bullshit. Why do we NEVER learn? Starting this season with a weaker team than we finished last season is unforgivable for a club that claims to be aiming for promotion. We needed to strengthen just to compete for the top six again. We are at least FOUR players short, and all Bloom talks about is "hopefully getting a couple in by the end of August". People have been so brainwashed that they actually see players like Lopez and Upson as new signings. Well they're not, they were included in the side that got us to fourth. We've wasted a whole summer changing one ponce of a manager for another, and it'll be the same old shit all over again. We'll look pretty at times but we've still only got one player who can score a goal, we've still got tarts who waste every opportunity they are presented with, we've still got Ashley ****ing Barnes starting, we've still got a bunch of old men at the back, we've still got bottlers who concede last-minute goals and things are arguably even worse now as we've got a total waste of human life in Crofts in midfield. We're MILES away, not even close this season I reckon. 14th if we're lucky, and I wish that was a wind-up.
but we have 23k season tkt holders :thumbsup:
regards
DR

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

You are a gold plated c**t sometimes.

Wait, scratch that. ALL the time.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Looks like we need a left back, a replacement for Crofts, probably cover for Bruno who isn't fit, at least another forward and maybe a few more. Sadly the team / squad is weaker just now than when we ended last season and it needs to be stronger - hopefully it will be so very soon!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He was bloody awful - he doesn't describe what is going on - the first you know about any significant moments in the game is when they score/miss. He doesn't describe where abouts on the pitch the ball is & leaves practically everything to the imagination.

This is SPOT on.

I have NO idea who scores for us until 30 seconds after the goal.

Must be one of the worst commentating duos there are!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Oh well Crawley is just up the road for you or a little bit further is the premier league, close the door as you leave, there's a good boy

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I know you are pissed off but to call Crofts a waste of human life is pretty unforgiveable really. CALM DOWN !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here