Leeds United vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We played two upfront at Leeds last season with a winger, so won't be more attacking than that.

Oscar's system will be fluid with the front 4/5 changing position all the time and we will attack through zippy, 2 touch passing. He has picked probably the best passers of the ball today. Let's see what happens..he has a multitude of zippy wingers on the bench if this lot don't do what he wants.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jesus guys, moan about the formation after the game if it does not work.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
3 wingers on the bench? Suggests a more central role for Buckley maybe.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Briductt- - Crofts
--Lopez--

Barnes-- Ulloa-- Orlandi

with lots of interchanging of positions

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Something like this?

Kuszczak

Bruno~Upson~Greer~Calderon

Crofts~Bridcutt~Orlandi

Spanish Dave~Ulloa~Barnes​

Although the line up suggests 4-4-2

I think the 4-3-3 you suggest will be right but reckon Crofts may play more on left in front of Calde to provide cover, Lopez will play on the right of miidfield three and Orlandi will play as part of a front three. All guess work of course and it could well look a bit more like a 4-4-2 when we have ball with Lopez and Orlandi wider and Barnes and Ulloa up front. God who knows?! Im just glad we playing again and all that bloody Poyet business is over (hopefully).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A good bench. I think the two wingers will be there more in the home games. The subs could play a big part today when legs get tired.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Oscar's system will be fluid with the front 4/5 changing position all the time and we will attack through zippy, 2 touch passing. He has picked probably the best passers of the ball today. Let's see what happens..he has a multitude of zippy wingers on the bench if this lot don't do what he wants.
I think that's the problem with us English football supporters, whilst everyone else is interchanging positions and using their brains, we're still stuck with our rigid 4-4-2 and 4-3-3's.

I like your thinking!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I think that's the problem with us English football supporters, whilst everyone else is interchanging positions and using their brains, we're still stuck with our rigid 4-4-2 and 4-3-3's.

I like your thinking!

Someone else mentioned it earlier in the week - the False 9 formation. Very interesting. As Oscar is Barca through and through I assume that this is where he wants us to get to eventually. http://swol.co/formation-sensation-the-false9/26818

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sitting by the turqoise Aegean. Sun shining , coffee in hand and WE ARE GOING TO WIN!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Someone else mentioned it earlier in the week - the False 9 formation. Very interesting. As Oscar is Barca through and through I assume that this is where he wants us to get to eventually. http://swol.co/formation-sensation-the-false9/26818

I can remember some years ago while I was managing a kids team I used to throw the outfield shirts in a pile and the team would wear the one they first picked ...hence you might get the centre forward wearing number2 and the right back wearing 7.
I got reported to the Sussex FA as opposing managers thought it was ungentlemanly conduct nothing became of it with the FA

No matter what formation we play etc, this is one of the toughest starts to a season we have had for a while. They will have a plus 30,000 crowd and fresh momentum with Bates gone. A point up there would be a fantastic result. We are not the finished article by any means. Get behind the team up there and hopefully we can come away with a result.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I can remember some years ago while I was managing a kids team I used to throw the outfield shirts in a pile and the team would wear the one they first picked ...hence you might get the centre forward wearing number2 and the right back wearing 7.
I got reported to the Sussex FA as opposing managers thought it was ungentlemanly conduct nothing became of it with the FA

How stupid! Shows that it does not take much to confuse kids coaches.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Looks like a 4-5-1 to me,.... cautious start, probably sensible, then get more expansive in the 2nd half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports