Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds potential new manager

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What an absolute CAR CRASH of an appointment. This reeks of a puppet being installed, a-la Steve Keane at Blackburn - a faceless nobody who is just happy to be there, and won't make any waves whatsoever for the owners when he's given a playing budget of £450, a picnic hamper and a used set of steak knives in a velvet presentation box.

This is going to be MARVELLOUS entertainment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this is the most unlikely managerial appointment since 1992/93 when football in this country began.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Hocadays Quote" "It isn't a surprise because of my background and the fact I'm a very experienced coach and obviously 20 years a player, and the fact that the president wants a very experienced British coach, then I seem to tick all the boxes. At the end of the day I've been given a great opportunity and I intend to take it in both hands. Everything that goes on the training pitch, everything that goes on on the football pitch, and that's it, it's a simple as that. That suits me, because I'm a coach, it's my passion and my drive. Everything that goes on in training, all the tactics and the fitness, you're managing players to a degree anyway, and then it's managing the game on a Saturday. For me it makes sense."

deluded or what?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Might prove us all wrong (unlikely) - but really suspect he is the fall guy for the new regime. What is going on?

This all seems similar to the QPR saga about 5 years ago when the Italians got involved and behind the scenes was a slow motion car crash. I wonder how the players feel approaching the pre-season? One or two might now be looking for a swift exit. Buy buy McCormack etc.

Edited for you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here