Leeds Player Ratings

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why shouldnt we slate him, if he played shit and looked like he didn't care, why should we? Just because he has been our best player all season, it means he can never play shit?
so because frazer has 1 good game a season we should applaud him?
Fact is murry is pretty consistant and his goals are crucial as no other fucker bar forster can score.Fact is murray is class more often than not so he is a key player we just can't afford to lose.If he really has no passion like you say then he would be shite most games???

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Sullivan 5 - shite kicking

Virgo - 7.5 best of the defence, always wins his tackles/headers and his distribution is better than any of the rest
Elphick - 5.5 good first half poor second and at fault for first goal
Hinshelwood - 6 ok
Whingy - 7 good game

Mcleod - 5 did nothing of great note
Fraser - 7 battled hard, passing was spot on
El-Abd - 6 did his job well, but simply cant go forward with the ball
Birchall - 5 barely saw the ball

Fleetwood - 6 not bad, should have scored.
Forster - 6 not bad

The same shite kicking that created our best chance, and had to deal with several dangerous Hinshelwood back[passes?

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
You MUST be on a wind up?!

He was ball watching, bottling challenges and looked very out of place. Not his fault of course, being played out of position against a quality midfield, but no where near his best game.

He did NOT bottle challenges. He was flying in all over the place.

Jimmy Grimble

The same shite kicking that created our best chance, and had to deal with several dangerous Hinshelwood back[passes?

2 "dangerous" back passes that wernt going into the goal and any decent keepr could have dealt with.

1 long hoof, which Forster dummied and the Leeds centre halves f***ed around with.

at least 5 or 6 shocking kicks in the second half that barely got past the midfield.

Yeah, overall shite kicking.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
He did NOT bottle challenges. He was flying in all over the place.

On a couple of occasions he did, I'll agree with that. One in particular in the first half when he was out of position and recovered by sliding in, but as the game wore on, I thought he got beaten time and time again. Possibly injured? Not sure, but certainly became clear to me that he didn't want to put his foot in if possible during the second half.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
2 "dangerous" back passes that wernt going into the goal and any decent keepr could have dealt with.

1 long hoof, which Forster dummied and the Leeds centre halves f***ed around with.

at least 5 or 6 shocking kicks in the second half that barely got past the midfield.

Yeah, overall shite kicking.

I counted 2 bad ones. Don't know where your getting the others from.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Marks based on football, not running:

Sullivan 6 - not a lot to do but saved the penalty well.

Virgo 5 - solid enough

Elphick 5 - not too bad

Hinshelwood 4 - I think it was him who lost Trundle for the goal. Very poor.

Whing 5 - did ok out of position

Birchall 4 - not fit

El Abd 2 - a joke that isn't funny anymore

Fraser 5 - ran about a bit.

McLeod 4 - not a lot to say there

Forster 5 - feel sorry for anyone playing upfront with our 'midfield' for service

Fleetwood 4 - some decent moments but should be put down after that miss in the first half

What rubbish marks and comments. I appreciate that football is all about opinions but at least the opinion should bear some relevance to what actually happened at the game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The way I see it with frazer is he is a decent third division footballer and we are expecting too much from him. He hasnt the pace to be incisive in midfield but can be a stopper...trouble is so is El Abd, which means we end up playing with in effect 6 accross the back.

You have to take him at face value and if we realise that he is not Tony Currie or Glan Hoddle,, then we will not be dissapointed.

My concvern today apart from the fact that we were dreadful all over the park, was Leeds second goal came from our defence backing off their midfielder and almose giving him a goal.

If I was Sullivan, I would have gone mental at the defence

In defence of our midfield, the ball did bypass them for most of the game. It was a game of hoof tennis between two defences. I thought birchall did okay considering he is not fit. He closed down very well and used the ball well whenever our midfield managed to get a touch. Leeds were not that good and i think if we had played football we could have got a result today.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Sullivan 7 - Did well for the penalty save, little else to do, no chance with the goals

Virgo 6 Not bad today. Distribution good at times. Always looks one tackle away from a straight red
Whing 6 Did well out of position
Elphick 6 MOM first half, then lost Trundle...
Hinshelwood 7 Looked the best of the back four

Fraser 7 Showed the kind of passion and commitment that so many failed to offer. Full marks for letting Murray have it.
El Abd 6 Helped Fraser keep the Leeds midfield quiet
McLeod 4 Get fit, lose a stone or f*** off. His conditioning is shocking. He'll look like Warren Aspinall in a years time
Birchall 4 One of three players played out of position on the right today.

Forster 5 No service. Always first to whinge but failed to give Murray the stick he deserved
Fleetwood 5 Lively, but should have scored

Subs
Cox 7 Exactly what we needed, but was stuck on the bench. The only creative player we have now. It's reminiscent of Thornton a few months ago.
Murray 5 Not fit, at fault for the second goal, rightly lambasted by a team mate
Loft n/a

MA 3 Too many players playing out of position, too many squad players snubbed in their favour. If you start playing a left back at left back, right midfielder on the right etc etc, you might f***ing get somewhere.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sullivan 6 - other than saving a pen kicking wasn't great, may have done better with first goal
Virgo 7 - Some great tackles
Elphick 7 - real determination
Hinshelwood 7
Whing 8 - outstanding real determination and quality
Mcleod 5 - Slow - very poor except for a few corners. Overweight!
El-abd 7
Fraser 8 - Put every effort possible in, didn't do much wrong, had a go at Murray
Birchall 6 - Hardly got the ball
Forster 7
Fleetwood 6 - Missed a good chance, seemed to lack confidence but he did look threatening

Subs
Murray - simply should not have been there if he is that badly injured, or should not have bee there if he is not that badly injured and cares so little

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
To all you mugs giving Fraser ludicrously high marks, name me one moment of play in the entire match where he did well. And running, marking, and chasing back do not count. One moment where, with the ball at his feet, he actually looked like a pro footballer.

Why on earth would running, marking and chasing back not count you complete MORON.

My concvern today apart from the fact that we were dreadful all over the park, was Leeds second goal came from our defence backing off their midfielder and almose giving him a goal.

And ... from Murray not chasing back. I'm not sure why you're concerned about that anyway - we were 1-0 down with 5 or so mins to go and looking for a goal, we were always at risk of them breaking away and scoring a second. (Although El-abd did back off too much, but if he had gone too early Delph would simply have put the other player in) Maybe we took a risk too many.
More concerning was the manor in which we conceded the first - was far too easy, after actually playing ok in the first half.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Instead of acting the hard man with your sad insults, why not answer my question? Oh, you can't. And I'm not saying they don't count, I'm asking if anyone can remember a footballer doing something good with a football in 90 minutes. Afterall, that is kind of what they're paid to do, isn't it?

Acting the hard man by calling you a moron? Merely responding to some of your moronic comments...

There were many times where Fraser helped the ball outwide or kept the ball, imo that would be classed as good. He also made tackles, chased back etc which possibly you don't notice as clearly you have no understanding of the game. He may not play the killer pass putting someone in behind, but how many players do at this level very often?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Subs
Cox 7 Lively and urgent, set up good chance at end, just what midfield was missing

Murray 6 Gave some presence to atttack

sarcasm at its finest!!
don't you mean "Murray minus 6, gave present to Delph"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports